Olympics?

jeppler

Mouseketeer
Do you think Disney might show the opening Olympic ceremonies on the Dumbo-tron? We'll be on the Fantasy that week...

Olympics is televised on NBC not ABC (owned by Disney) My guess is (not from experience) is perhaps at a bar if someone requests it.

Because of the position of the ship in different countries, since the Olympics broadcast rights are sold country by country, not sure if Disney would be allowed to...

Disney can't show the olympics on board the ship because NBC has the exclusive right and even if they could pick it up they would have to pay NBC for those rights is what my understanding is. They do however provide updates on them in the daily news they shove under your door. At least they did in 2008 when I was on the Panama Canal cruise.

Disney can't show the olympics on board the ship because NBC has the exclusive right and even if they could pick it up they would have to pay NBC for those rights is what my understanding is. They do however provide updates on them in the daily news they shove under your door. At least they did in 2008 when I was on the Panama Canal cruise.

BUMMER. I love the Olympics and we'll be on the Fantasy for the second week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter