Olympic broadcasts while onboard?

mule714

BWV Owner
We're headed out on our cruise right after the start of the Olympics. Being that Disney doesn't broadcast NBC on their ships, what do you think the chances are that we'll be able to see any of the footage?

We're headed out on our cruise right after the start of the Olympics. Being that Disney doesn't broadcast NBC on their ships, what do you think the chances are that we'll be able to see any of the footage?

I know that BBC World is on the ship, and the BBC is showing it here, so there will be updates on their news.

I would presume it will be shown in diversions on the Magic.

I'm sure there will be plenty of highlights on ESPN. It would be nice to see some of the events live as they're happening.

I'm sure there will be plenty of highlights on ESPN. It would be nice to see some of the events live as they're happening.

What would the 'time shift' be there to see them live, here we are 7 hours behind China so or live programmes start at 2am and the live stuff ends at 6pm.

Presume the Wnder would be 12 hours behind and Magic, between 15 hours at LA and decreasing during the cruise to 12 hours.

What would the 'time shift' be there to see them live, here we are 7 hours behind China so or live programmes start at 2am and the live stuff ends at 6pm.

Presume the Wnder would be 12 hours behind and Magic, between 15 hours at LA and decreasing during the cruise to 12 hours.

Good point about the time zone differences. Might be lucky to see a few events as they happen even if they were available on the Wonder. Hopefully, at least I'll be able to see more than just results and a snippet or two of an event. My daughter started swimming competitively this year and really wants to see a lot of the races.

I'm pretty sure Disney will be playing the Olympics on the Arial View and in Diversions as long as it's on. They had the Final Four, NBA Playoffs, World Series, and NFL Playoffs on previous cruises, so I doubt the Olympics will be left out.

Which is why I am just going to check out the highlights online after we get home and unpacked and the kids bac in school after the repo. Too much to worry about on vacation. :)

We are hoping too. Highlights are fine, but sometimes you want to relax, have a drink and watch the whole competition.

Unless they're showing NBC from somewhere - which is possible, they have a couple of channels they can vary - you probably won't see too much live. I forget exactly what the rule is, but ESPN isn't allowed to show any highlights (longer that :10 I think) for at least 12 hours following NBC showing it for the first time. NBC (and related Universal channels) have paid elephant-dollars for the rights, so they don't make them available to other media outlets too easily...

I think you're right about the time changes Andrew. I know that here on the East Coast we are 12 hours behind and if it is 7 hours in Great Britian then it would be 15 hours on the West Coast.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter