Olga’s Cantina tips and suggestions

L1211

Mouseketeer
Hey experts!
Heading to first Disney World trip in 10 years. DD is turning 21 on the trip. The trip is anchored on Drinking Around The World for her 21st. (Mom and Dad invited to pick up the tab!). Pic is from 18th bday which was ALL Universal- She’s a Harry Potter and Marvel fanatic. This DD has never been to DHS and is also a Star Wars nerd so thrilled for this park. Of course, it was MGM last time I visited (Ha!! Just realized that was 21 years ago- I was expecting this DD. Anyone else measure life by Disney trips???)

I had great luck with ADRs thanks to advice here, but never found Olga’s available on our DHS day till I stumbled upon a post here alerting me to newly opened reservations! Scored one at a late lunch time. But looking online at the menu, it appears to really be a bar. Any must do’s or recommendations for newbies? Do you order the “snacks” and are they a meal? As alway so appreciate the expert advice!C7AD2D3B-ED0C-4039-AFD0-D7D0D187E95A.jpeg

It's mostly a bar with a few unique snacks. But the drinks are really fun and unique, and the theming is great! We've always loved our experiences there. The Bespin Fizz is my favorite! It's served bubbling.

Thank you! Question- is the fizz drink an alcohol drink? Thinking after a day of drinking around the world, non-alcohol may be welcome!!

Thank you! Question- is the fizz drink an alcohol drink? Thinking after a day of drinking around the world, non-alcohol may be welcome!!

There are no meals, but a good selection of alcoholic and virgin drinks. The only food items are snacks and a meat and cheese board.

The Bespin Fizz is alcoholic, but there are plenty of drinks that mix soda and juices. The souvenir mugs served with some drinks are very nice and worth the upcharge, especially for a first visit.

I don’t think that there is a great deal of alcohol in the pre made cocktails. Probably not even a unit.

None of the drinks are really that strong there, they're all pre-made so keep that in mind, but I've never had anything there that isn't tasty (alcohol or not). I've honestly never had any of that snack stuff, I normally don't bother since there is a time limit, focus on the drinks.

I don’t recall reading about a time limit? Also a random thought- IF we secure a BG assignment (lots of research, LOL!), and it conflicts with Olga’s, how does one manage? Pay the $10pp charge and miss your “window”? Thanks!!

They do have sodas if you prefer something along those lines....the drinks are definitely fun and unique. We both had soda, AND alcoholic drinks. The "snacks" are just that...."snacks"....we shared the sampler tray, and after a day of eating, it was sufficient for the two of us (we're pooh sized)....it's definitely about the atmosphere. They do try and get people in and out in 45 mins...so bear that in mind.

Like a few mentioned, the Bespin Fizz is alcoholic, but there are versions that are non-alcoholic. I had 2 drinks while we were there and I don't remember feeling much of an impact (and I'm a lightweight 😝) so I don't think they're very strong.

I don’t recall reading about a time limit? Also a random thought- IF we secure a BG assignment (lots of research, LOL!), and it conflicts with Olga’s, how does one manage? Pay the $10pp charge and miss your “window”? Thanks!!

During COVID reduced capacity there has been a 45 minute time limit. I'm not sure if they are still doing it since opening up more spots.

If you have a case like that, ask one of the cast members outside ROTR if you can come earlier or later. It's much easier to push back a boarding pass time than to change a reservation.

During COVID reduced capacity there has been a 45 minute time limit. I'm not sure if they are still doing it since opening up more spots.

If you have a case like that, ask one of the cast members outside ROTR if you can come earlier or later. It's much easier to push back a boarding pass time than to change a reservation.
We were there yesterday, and they did say there was a 45 minute limit.
The non-alcoholic drinks were great.

When I was there in April I tried the charcuterie board (Happabore Sampler) and was surprised at how much food it was and how good it was! I ended up just having that as my lunch that day, and there was so much food I couldn't finish it all. As for drinks, haven't had a bad one there, but my favorite has been the Gold Squadron Lager, I absolutely love that beer! Also, you can get a drink to go, so if you're running out of time you can do that if you want to try one more.

We had this happen a couple of weeks ago. When we realized that the times would likely coincide, we stopped at Oga's earlier in the morning and asked for advice. The cast member said definitely go to your Oga's reservation first, then Rise. That's what we did and it worked out well. Especially since they were very strictly enforcing the 45 minute time limit. Like, seriously enforcing it. Our server kept stopping by to give us the time remaining. :rotfl2:

When I was there in April I tried the charcuterie board (Happabore Sampler) and was surprised at how much food it was and how good it was! I ended up just having that as my lunch that day, and there was so much food I couldn't finish it all. As for drinks, haven't had a bad one there, but my favorite has been the Gold Squadron Lager, I absolutely love that beer! Also, you can get a drink to go, so if you're running out of time you can do that if you want to try one more.
Thank you! My daughter is charcuterie board obsessed. I wasn’t sure from the name or description! Perfect.

We had this happen a couple of weeks ago. When we realized that the times would likely coincide, we stopped at Oga's earlier in the morning and asked for advice. The cast member said definitely go to your Oga's reservation first, then Rise. That's what we did and it worked out well. Especially since they were very strictly enforcing the 45 minute time limit. Like, seriously enforcing it. Our server kept stopping by to give us the time remaining. :rotfl2:
I’ve never been to a bar with a time limit! Part of the experience for sure... thanks for the advice!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter