Older tickets on My Disney Experience

LisaGoeke

<font color=blue>Mom of 4 absolutely adorable chil
Last year we purchased some non expiration hopper tickets and used a few days. The tickets have been added to My Disney Experience account. This year we are doing a package with a hotel and basic tickets. I know our hotel will be on the Magic band but will they automatically add the tickets we purchased with the package onto the Magic band too? I just want to make sure our "new" tickets are used and not the older non expiration ones. I've looked everywhere on my account and can't figure it out!

Last year we purchased some non expiration hopper tickets and used a few days. The tickets have been added to My Disney Experience account. This year we are doing a package with a hotel and basic tickets. I know our hotel will be on the Magic band but will they automatically add the tickets we purchased with the package onto the Magic band too? I just want to make sure our "new" tickets are used and not the older non expiration ones. I've looked everywhere on my account and can't figure it out!

Nothing ever gets added to a MagicBand.
A MagicBand has nothing "on" it but a serial number that is read
by Disney scanners.

Everything that YOU have (tickets, reservations, FPs, etc.) is added to and listed in your MyDisneyExperience account,
and the MDE account is then just referenced by your MagicBand(s) serial number.

Before you enter a park on your next trip, go to any Guest Relations and have the the CM set the PRIORITY of the ticket that you want to USE to the highest priority,
That way, only that ticket will be used for park entry until that ticket is all used up.

Last edited:
I just deactivate the old one for use later. Never had any issues except when setting up the first time. Since then it's been easy. But boy that first time linking was crazy bad.

If you keep the tickets on the same MDE account I would definitely contact them so they can prioritize the tickets. We had an issue with this last year. I had purchased 1 day tickets for a quickie visit we had in June. On the same MDE I had 4 day tickets and hotel linked for me and DD so I could make our 60 day FP+ reservations for her August graduation trip. Didn't even give it a second thought. After we got home from our June trip I went on MDE for something and was shocked to see DD's 4 day ticket was 'expired' because it was 14 days past the initial use date. Her 1 day ticket was left untouched. For me it was the exact opposite. My 4 day pass was fine and the 1 day ticket was used as intended. Why it didn't deduct days the same way on both of us, I don't know. :confused3 Thankfully I called and was able to get it straightened out, but lesson learned.

Thanks! I ended up deactivating our non-expiration ones that we purchased last year, I would hate for these to accidentally get used first before our other ones do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter