• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Older Kids - Strollers in the park?

We are heading to WDW in July and I WILL be bringing a stroller for my 7 year old! Even if she won't need it all the time, it will be nice to have something to hold our stuff... and a drink tray lol!

I think it all depends on how much activity your kids are used to. Last time we went my then 5 year old got In the stroller one time, and that was because we made her so we could get down crowded Main Street easier. We had her hold her little brother on her lap (who we had the stroller for). Next time we go she will be 8 and he will be 4. We aren’t going to bring a stroller. He ran half a mile the other day with a cold just because he didn’t want to ride his scoter any more on a family walk, so I think he will be fine walking. BUT both of my kids are extremely physically active during the day and we don’t go park open to close every day.

I'm going next month with a 2, 3, & 5 year old. I have two lightweight strollers for the younger two but just bought this https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07RHPDTFK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 for my 5 year old. It actually fits under one of my other strollers in the basket so I can bring it and have it when she might need it. It folds down so small. In the reviews people even put backpack straps on it and carried it around like that. Very lightweight as well. They also have different styles and varies in prices. I got it less than what it is listed for right now.

I took my two kids in Dec. 2019, they were then 4 and 7, the seven year old looked like he was 10. There were times where the seven year old would be in the stroller to rest his legs when he started getting tired. Especially when we took them to MVMCP, by the end of that night the four year old was in a baby carrier and the seven year old was being pushed in the stroller.

You do what works best for your family, don't worry about what others think, and don't judge others for doing what works best for their families.

I agree with those that say you know what is best for your kids. And don't worry about what people think. Unless you are actively using a stroller to block paths or as a battering ram to clear paths, there is no shame in using one.

We took a sit and stand (Joovy ultralight caboose) when my oldest turned 7 and my youngest was 4.5. I would much rather push a stroller than carry a sleeping 7 yr old. We have warned the kids there will be no stroller on our next trip, but I will not hesitate to rent a Disney one if it looks like we need it.

Totally normal. We used a double when DD was 7 and DS was 2. When DS was 4 and DD was 9 she walked and he used the stroller. We'll be getting one this summer for DS who is now 6. Not only do I not want to listen to a whiny, tired kid, I also think it's easier to keep track of little ones. DS would wander off without thinking anything of it, so when it's crowed into the stroller he goes. Not to mention it holds all our kid related items and drinks!

How many of you have kids who are well past stroller age at home but you still use one at the parks?

my girls will be about 5&7 when we go next year, the 7yo might be ok but there is absolutely NO way the youngest will make it for an entire day (even if we take mid day resort breaks) walking through the parks... will people look at us weird if she spends time in a stroller or is this a common thing? I so wish wagons were allowed, we have a folding one that is amazing
We are going in August. My girl is 4. We only use our stroller for all day things like the zoo. The last time we were in WDW, she was 2 close to 3 years old, so of course we brought it. After us being out all day, she will start to say "my legs are tired, mommy / daddy carry me". So, we are going to bring ours too. She is petite so she still fits in it fine, and the back of the seat reclines flat for the times that she needs to nap. I expect August to be very hot too, which makes her cranky too, and will want to sit instead of walk.

With Covid, I am not sure if they are still renting out the strollers that they have there in the park. They do have double strollers there too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter