• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Older kids ordering off the childrens menu

tfiga1

Mouseketeer
My 13 yr old will only eat steak, hamburgers and chicken strips. Can he order off the childrens menu in the dining rooms? Also depending on size, can he order two meals? I know that he could eat at the counter service type places but I would really like all of us to be able to sit down together at night for dinner.

TIA

May adults order the chicken fingers. He can order what ever he wants and as much as he wants. Enjoy!!

Unlike shore based restaurants anyone is welcome to order off of the children's menu while on a cruise and yes he is more than welcome to order more than one meal.

Our DS, at 18, in spite of being a teenage boy, has a very limited palate. I made a deal with him that he had to order one thing off the "adult" menu every night (appitizer, entree, whatever) and then he was free to indulge himself with chicken strips, if he wished.

Every night he had the kids menu chicken strips for his appitizer (sometimes with the veggies, sometimes just the strips). And he actually found a few new foods he likes.

:cutie:

Plus, the mickey bars are on the kids menu for dessert :goodvibes

I believe there is a basic steak dish on the adult menu under Lighter Fare options. Also, they do have different beef/steak dishes that he may like if he gives them a chance!

At the same time, even adults can order off the children's menu. Your son will definitely not starve!

You can prefer a steak off the adult menu every night on cruise along with chicken and fish

Last week our waiter did balk, just a bit, over giving me a Miickey Bar for dessert! I did get it.:goodvibes

Last week our waiter did balk, just a bit, over giving me a Miickey Bar for dessert! I did get it.:goodvibes

On our last cruise, I had a Mickey bar every night for dessert, and my server had no problem with that. Of course, he had served us on the WBTA last year (I didn't order them at all on that cruise), so I guess I was lucky!!

Anyone can order off any menu, and can get multiple entrees if desired....or multiple desserts. However, I try to remember that what goes on the hips will have to come off when I get home!:lmao:

My server acted weird about me ordering a mickey bar every night and even acted odd about my nephew wanting a shrimp cocktail not on that evening's menu but from the prior night. I knew from these boards that most things are "a-go" so I think we might have had not the best of servers.....

However to the OP, my 13 year old nephew and 11 year old niece ordered off the kid's menu nightly and I ordered the kid's soup one night for myself.

The lighter fare includes steak? I know it used to, but now the menus only show chicken and salmon...I would be so happy if he could order steak...Please say it is so.

The lighter fare includes steak? I know it used to, but now the menus only show chicken and salmon...I would be so happy if he could order steak...Please say it is so.

The Lighter Fare option always has a chicken and some sort of fish choice. Occasionally there is also a meat (steak, beef of some sort) choice.

:cutie:

I always ask for the kids menu. A lot of the time I order the kids soup selection. I have never had a server give me a hard time for my choices.

On our last cruise, I had a Mickey bar every night for dessert, and my server had no problem with that. Of course, he had served us on the WBTA last year (I didn't order them at all on that cruise), so I guess I was lucky!!

Maybe he was just teasing, but it didn't seem so. I pointed out that DGD had ordered her meal off the adult menu, so I could order off of hers. Really, I had had one or two on other cruises, but his attitude just gave me pause. I thought for a moment I wouldn't get it! It had been a full, busy day...at Atlantis, I was tired.

If your server is worried about anything but making you happy get a different server! I liked the chicken noodle soup off the kids menu. My youngest dn might eat two kids meal while the older might eat one. Both are over ten the age of adulthood for Disney. If your server says anything just say "I was expecting excellent service". They work for a grade and tips not on how many ice cream bars they serve. :)

You would think the cruiseline would *want* people to order kid's meals, since it would likely save them a little money each meal.

DH routinely orders off the kids menu and also Mickey bars. They gave us no issue. DD also doesn't like salad, but likes tomatoes and cucumbers cut up, so they brought her out a plate every night of our 7 day cruise.

I always order creme brulee every night for dessert even though it is only on one dining rooms menu. Out of four cruises I've had a couple servers pause at the request but I just smile and they get me the creme brulee. Last cruise the head server gave me a to go plate of creme brulee every night. So not only did I have it for dessert but also for breakfast.:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter