Old Vs New AP benefits

DWillowBay

DIS Veteran
So, I bought a Premier Pass in August when we were at DLR. I didn't notice if there was a PhotoPass benefit connected to the pass at that time, because that wasn't a priority on that trip. Now, with the new APs, I notice that the Premier Pass has the PhotoPass benefits. Do I have that with the old Premier or did I miss out by buying in August. Thanks for any insights!

No I don't believe the Premier AP before had the photopass option. You had to add the memory maker on as extra. It's new across all AP's.

So upgrading in August makes you miss out on the photopass feature until you renew

The only benefit you'll eventually lose is Disney Quest, because DQ is closing at the end of this year. But Photopass basically replaces it. Otherwise everything else is the same.

Good news, it's supposed to be added on to all the current premier pass even though you bought it before the price increase. I'm on the same boat as you so I had the same question and found the answer from mouse planet.

Here's an excerpt from their article:

That's right—existing Premier passholders have access to this new benefit today, without waiting to renew. Better yet, it appears the benefit extends to PhotoPass photos taken before the benefit became effective on October 4. We've been able to successfully link PhotoPass cards and download photos taken at Disneyland as far back as July 17, 2015, as well as download images and ride photos captured on Sunday, October 4.

This is from: http://www.mouseplanet.com/11179/Disneyland_Park_Update_for_October_511_2015#News1

That link also has the instructions on how to link photopass to your AP. I haven't tried it yet because I can't find any PP cards I got from any recent trips. But I will try it the next time I go to DL next week.

Just an update. I found a ride photo that I took a pic of, using my phone, from mid-Aug. I typed in that number into the disneyland's annual pass holder site and it accepted it. I can now see that pic and able download it into my computer.

So it works.

Wow!! Thank you so much jani3! Great news, indeed! Can't wait for our Halloween trip now. thanks again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter