Old Town

fav_is_tink

DIS Veteran
We are intending to go to the Friday Night Cruise at Old Town Kissimee as DH very 'into' cars.

Anyone ever been?

Can you recommend somewhere to eat?

What time would you head down there at?

Seems to be plenty of shops which both DM and I will enjoy whilst the boys are checking out the cars and we're all looking forward to hearing the band play but how long would you say is time to 'do' this?

Thanks in advance for any info:thumbsup2

We are intending to go to the Friday Night Cruise at Old Town Kissimee as DH very 'into' cars.

Anyone ever been?

Can you recommend somewhere to eat?

What time would you head down there at?

Seems to be plenty of shops which both DM and I will enjoy whilst the boys are checking out the cars and we're all looking forward to hearing the band play but how long would you say is time to 'do' this?

Thanks in advance for any info:thumbsup2

We go each time we are in Florida. There are plenty of places to eat on the 192 - I guess it just depends what you are in the mood for at the time. We used to use Bennigans but have heard that it has gone really downhill recently so probably won't bother again.
Timings wise I would aim for about 7.30pm. They normally start the drive-by at about 9pm so that would give DH enough time to have a walk round and have a good look at all the cars, and you time for shopping.

We ate at the Ponderosa opposite, and got to Old Town at about 7.30, wandered round the shops and cars then the parade started at 9.

Good night out!

I think there is a diner in Old Town itself and we had some wicked Chicken skewers thingys last time we went on the main drag. Also the main gift type shop on the main street used to have small Pepsi bottles for $.25 cents

We go almost every trip, our 1st visit in 1993 we styed right opposite it. Back then you could get the old style glass bottles of coke for 5 cents a bottle.
See their website for events they have on, live music, car parades twice a week bikes on a Thursday.
http://www.old-town.com/

Just a few minutes walk away (across Hwy 192) is Logans Roadhouse, great food there, sign upto their website for discounds and freebies. http://www.logansroadhouse.com/Default.aspx

I love Old Town. I'm not even very much into cars and I still found the cruise enjoyable. We always headed over to the Pondarosa just across the road. If you go there I reccommend the sirlion tips. Mmmm my tummy is rumbling now just thinking about them!!!:lmao:

Thanks everyone for their replies, it's much appreciated:thumbsup2

We have checked out the websites you recommended Wayne, thanks for that, Old Town does look like a fun night out.

Going to sign up for the discounts on the Logans Roadhouse site too just in case we decide that's where we're going to eat that night:woohoo:

We usually go about 6pm so that we can get parked. It can get VERY busy some nights. We then eat at the top of the street in old town ( end nearest the 192) in a place called Cool Katz ( used to be called Damons Sports Bar). The ribs are to die for. we can eat at a leisurely pace and then don't have far to walk to see the cars before the parade.

The first time we went we didn't go very early and turned round and went back to our hotel as the parking was a nightmare and that was in late september.

There are a couple of other entrances that whilst not on the official Old Town site you can park at if you are stuck.
We always pay at least a couple of visits, partly as we are usually staying in a nearby villa.
OT is definitely best either on Friday or at the weekend when it's busier, when it's quiet it just doesn't have the same atmosphere.
To be honest having been many times now we have to be in the right mood for it, occassionally we have gone and just hated it, for no particular reason.

It's nice to just stop off for a cool beer at one of the several outdoor bars and just watch people go by, Joshua always falls asleep. :)

A totally unique place overall, and well worth a try though not I suspect to everyone's taste.

Kool Kats (I think that's what it's called!) is actually in the Old Town fair itself, and the food is good.

We usually go about 6pm so that we can get parked. It can get VERY busy some nights. We then eat at the top of the street in old town ( end nearest the 192) in a place called Cool Katz ( used to be called Damons Sports Bar). The ribs are to die for. we can eat at a leisurely pace and then don't have far to walk to see the cars before the parade.

The first time we went we didn't go very early and turned round and went back to our hotel as the parking was a nightmare and that was in late september.

There are a couple of other entrances that whilst not on the official Old Town site you can park at if you are stuck.
We always pay at least a couple of visits, partly as we are usually staying in a nearby villa.
OT is definitely best either on Friday or at the weekend when it's busier, when it's quiet it just doesn't have the same atmosphere.
To be honest having been many times now we have to be in the right mood for it, occassionally we have gone and just hated it, for no particular reason.

It's nice to just stop off for a cool beer at one of the several outdoor bars and just watch people go by, Joshua always falls asleep. :)

A totally unique place overall, and well worth a try though not I suspect to everyone's taste.

Kool Kats (I think that's what it's called!) is actually in the Old Town fair itself, and the food is good.

Thanks everyone, will take a look at the Old Town website which I've now came across and see if Kool Kats is mentioned.

Think we are considering heading down around 6pm so we can have a leisurely meal and shop or look at the cars before the cruise.

Will do no harm to sit for a while at an outdoor bar for a cold beer either:cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter