Old Town Trolley-Key West...reviews?stops?

njmomboys2

Mouseketeer
Hi there..nothing else really caught our eye in Key West so thought we would do the Old Town Trolley tour...also got the great coupons posted be a fellow DISers.

Can someone provide a quick review? What are some of the stops? From what I have read we can just get off the ship and get tickets...no need to book with Disney..plus you can't get off the trolley if you book with Disney.

How often should we give ourselves? Does it go to the southern most point?

Good stops for kids ages 11 and 6...thanks!!!! :sunny:

The two times we've done it we did it ourselves and both times got off at stop #8 which is about a block from the Southernmost point. That stop is also close to the Butterfly conservatory which is really nice. You could then get back on the trolley or what we did both times was walk up Duvall to see all that had to offer. I highly recommend the trolley as a great way to see Key West.

The area right by the trolley has the Key West Aquarium which is also great for kids.

I agree with NJmomboys2 that nothing jumped out at me for Key West. Actually a bit disappointed. I would almost rather have another day at sea (or cc for that matter). DH wants to take me and ds5 to the southermost point. I made him promise I could get back on the ship right after we take one picture near the sign.

Hey NJMOMBOYS2 where are you? I'm exit 10.

The best part of the trolley tour was the drivers. They narrate while they drive around Key West and are very entertaining. We went to Jimmy Buffet's Margaritaville shop, the Southermost Point and Hemingway's house. There is an additional charge to go inside of the Hemingway house and you can't see much from the street so we passed and got back on the trolley.

we have wondered these same things is there much orf a line or a wait when you book as soon as yuo get off the ship pretty much we want to see Duval stree Heminway house and southernmost point we have heard the driver are very entertaining and informative

Hi Mattmommy.......we live in Jackson NJ...exit 7A off the turnpike or exit 98 on gsp....and I have 2 boys...Kyle (11) and MATTHEW (6)........ :)

WDWLVR said:
The two times we've done it we did it ourselves and both times got off at stop #8 which is about a block from the Southernmost point. That stop is also close to the Butterfly conservatory which is really nice. You could then get back on the trolley or what we did both times was walk up Duvall to see all that had to offer. I highly recommend the trolley as a great way to see Key West.

The area right by the trolley has the Key West Aquarium which is also great for kids.

Where do you catch the trolley from where the ship docks? Do you have to purchase tickets in advance? We leave on Saturday and I am starting to panic about everthing.

MOMTOCUTESTDOGEVER said:
Where do you catch the trolley from where the ship docks? Do you have to purchase tickets in advance? We leave on Saturday and I am starting to panic about everthing.

The trolley is about 2 blocks from the ship. It is right near the Aquarium which is very easy to find. No need to purchase tickets in advance, but if you do it online you save an extra dollar or so. So don't panic. Key West is very laid back so relax and enjoy.

NJMomboys2 -- We have a Matthew who'll be 6 in August. We said a few weeks ahead of you on 7/1. A friend just moved to Jackson. Bought a beautiful townhouse (single guy). Bad parking.

Last time I went to GA was to audition for Survivor--didn't get it. Oh well. A million dollars would have bought one sweet cruise.

Back to key west. Is the aquarium worth it? I printed off the buy one/get one free coupons. Is it worth not running back onto the ship?

My family and I did this trolley several years ago when I was 16 and had a great tour guide and really enjoyed it. We tried it again in 2004 and had a terrible tour guide and were guide disappointed.

WDWLVR said:
The trolley is about 2 blocks from the ship. It is right near the Aquarium which is very easy to find. No need to purchase tickets in advance, but if you do it online you save an extra dollar or so. So don't panic. Key West is very laid back so relax and enjoy.

I just purchased tickets and saw a map that confirms what you have stated. Thanks for the info!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter