• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Old ticket/ fastpass+ ?

bartleby1

DIS Veteran
Hi! We are trying to piece together a trip for this summer for my family of 5 and haven't been since they rolled out the new fastpass+ system.

I have one old unused 5 day pre-MYW ticket. I read the sticky here that says these tickets cannot be upgraded, which stinks because we are doing 8 park days which means even if I use it, I will still need to buy a 3 day pass for whoever uses it which is much more money than just adding 3 days on. However, it really isn't doing me any good holding onto it so we want to use it.

However, would this mean that I can't book any fastpasses ahead of time for the person using that ticket? Does anyone know how that would work? We will be going in July which is quite busy so I really want to take advantage of booking fastpasses ahead of time.

Thanks!

Hi! We are trying to piece together a trip for this summer for my family of 5 and haven't been since they rolled out the new fastpass+ system.

I have one old unused 5 day pre-MYW ticket. I read the sticky here that says these tickets cannot be upgraded, which stinks because we are doing 8 park days which means even if I use it, I will still need to buy a 3 day pass for whoever uses it which is much more money than just adding 3 days on. However, it really isn't doing me any good holding onto it so we want to use it.

However, would this mean that I can't book any fastpasses ahead of time for the person using that ticket? Does anyone know how that would work? We will be going in July which is quite busy so I really want to take advantage of booking fastpasses ahead of time.

Thanks!

You may want to check the value of the ticket at Guest Services since it is an unused 5 day. The sticky says you don't upgrade a partially used ticket. An unused ticket can be used to upgrade according to the sticky.

Right now, you may have a ticket which will be of greater value to you on a different trip, since it probably has the no expiry option. Maybe a weekend trip where you would only need two or three days and the remaining days would still be good for another trip. Or a trip where you just do 5 park days.

Right now, you may have a ticket which will be of greater value to you on a different trip, since it probably has the no expiry option. Maybe a weekend trip where you would only need two or three days and the remaining days would still be good for another trip. Or a trip where you just do 5 park days.

But, THAT info is very good.

Thanks!

If you can link the 5-day ticket to your MDE account you can make 5-days worth of advanced FP+ with it. (Disney IT should be able to help you over the phone.)

If you are SURE that you will ALSO be buying an additional ticket to cover the extra 3 days, then order it now and then you will be able to make the additional 3 days of FP+ for that guest using the older 5-day ticket in combo with the new ticket.

Ok, thanks for the info!

This ticket has been a thorn in my side for years now, lol! It was purchased over 10 years ago when my husband was sent for a convention thru work. We didn't realize that his work would be giving him a ticket so he ended up not using it. Then we ended up taking advantage of the 'free dining' promo for 3 years so we bought tickets for the promo. Then disney switched to MYW and since we usually go to disney for two weeks we needed longer tickets. I think I just want to USE it at this point, even if it isn't the best value.

I guess I'll have to call disney and see if they can add it to my MDE account or not. I definitely want to do fastpasses ahead of time!

But NOT a ticket that is older than Magic Your Way tickets.

That is not what I am reading on the sticky. But maybe I am wrong.

Refer to post 15D:
Quote:
'If your unused ticket was pre-MYW your best bet is to just use the ticket. You will not get any high value for it when unused and once it is used it cannot be upgraded.'

The bottom line appears to be that using the ticket 'as is' probably has the most value. It was probably only worth about $150 back 10 years ago.

What is the best way to contact Disney IT?
Call WDW Ticketing Guest Relations at
(407) 566-4985 (option 5) or
--------------------------------------------

Call the WDW IT Dept. at

(407) 939-7765 (option #2) or

(407) 939-3471 or

(407) 939-7849 or

(407) 939-4357

If you are in the UK, call-
0800 16 90 749

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter