OLD THREAD: 2012 Beach and Yacht FAQ, Part 2- May, June and July DON'T POST HERE!

I like it!:goodvibes I agree this thread is extremely welcoming and a lot of fun to boot!

Dee, looks like I now have a different song stuck in my head (Land of Misfit Toys from Rudolph!)

Oh, I could be the Charlie in the Box....or the train with square wheels on the caboose....or the cowboy that rides an ostrich!!

So, while we are on the misfits.....what is exactly incorrect about the doll? I have yet in all these years to figure that out. Anyone??? :confused3

I've had the cold shoulder on other resort threads many times as well, we can all ban together here as misfits united! :rotfl2:

I just don't understand why people are like that. I can't wait to read this whole thread, but page one is EXTREMELY helpful!!!

Can anyone tell me if the rooms near #1501 (and the secret door) standard view? Or does that depend? I'm still learning the layout. ;)

Oh, I could be the Charlie in the Box....or the train with square wheels on the caboose....or the cowboy that rides an ostrich!!

So, while we are on the misfits.....what is exactly incorrect about the doll? I have yet in all these years to figure that out. Anyone??? :confused3

I love the internet.......

""A Dolly for Sue" (as she calls herself) is a seemingly normal girl rag doll with red hair and a red gingham dress. Her misfit problem is never explained on the special, but was possibly revealed on NPR's Wait Wait… Don't Tell Me! news quiz show (broadcast December 8, 2007). The show revealed that Rudolph's producer, Arthur Rankin Jr., says Dolly's problem was psychological, caused from being abandoned by her mistress and suffering depression from feeling unloved."

""A Dolly for Sue" (as she calls herself) is a seemingly normal girl rag doll with red hair and a red gingham dress. Her misfit problem is never explained on the special, but was possibly revealed on NPR's Wait Wait… Don't Tell Me! news quiz show (broadcast December 8, 2007). The show revealed that Rudolph's producer, Arthur Rankin Jr., says Dolly's problem was psychological, caused from being abandoned by her mistress and suffering depression from feeling unloved."

OMG!!! I never even thought to try to Google it.....that's too funny, well, not for Dolly. :sad:

Just booked our first trip to the Beach Club! Going Jan. 19-26 with my DH, our DS, DD and my in-laws. Feverishly making my ADR list for next week, yikes!

DH and I are raining for a half marathon in September, I was going over next week's training schedule and he looked at me funny. Then it dawned on me, we will be in Disney then. Summer is going too fast, but we are so excited.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

OK- we have gone pretty far :offtopic: in the past, but we may have a winner here with the Depressed Dolly from the Rudolph Christmas special.

:thumbsup2

KerriL said:
I can see this happening with my daughter...just graduated from Villanova in May...taking the bar in Boston in a couple of weeks. But I don't really think she'll end of practicing law:confused3 Hopefully she'll find her way....

Honestly I have had a better career than a lot of my lawyer friends. I was promoted regularly and ended up running a department with a multi-million dollar budget and over a dozen direct and indirect reports. I worked my behind off but nowhere near the hours my friends did and I had much better benefits (22 vacation days, 10 sick days and about 13-15 holidays a year).

:welcome: new posters!

So excited booking our trip to BC tomorrow... 10 days September 20th through the 30th!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list on Page 1.

:cool1:

Has anyone heard anything about this? I'm starting to think maybe I conjured it up myself...:rotfl:

Bump! Anyone know/remember anything about an upcoming Health Club or Spa refurb at the Y&BC. It sounds vaguely familiar, but I'm not sure either.

I'm sure this info is on here somewhere but just for a quick answer, did the BC CL add the brewed coffee pot in addition to the Nescafe machine like the YC CL did? I'm assuming if one lounge did then the other probably did as well, but I'd like to know for sure so I'll know if I need to pack my own coffee.

19 days!!!!!!!! :cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

Anyone know the answer to this. A fellow caffeine addict is curious!

Please add us to the list, staying 4th - 11th at BC for hubby's 30th birthday :)

Will do!

Which month???

:yay:

Just booked our first trip to the Beach Club! Going Jan. 19-26 with my DH, our DS, DD and my in-laws. Feverishly making my ADR list for next week, yikes!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:cheer2:

:crazy2:
Honestly I have had a better career than a lot of my lawyer friends. I was promoted regularly and ended up running a department with a multi-million dollar budget and over a dozen direct and indirect reports. I worked my behind off but nowhere near the hours my friends did and I had much better benefits (22 vacation days, 10 sick days and about 13-15 holidays a year).

That's good to know. Sounds like you have a career you love.
She knows she does not want corporate law and all those crazy hours..and she seems to shoot down almost all other areas of law. I swear she'd prefer to be a perpetual student! I think she's intimidated by the notion of having to get a "real" job and not be a student for the first time in 21 years!! :rolleyes2

It is with some regret that I announce that we will no longer be staying at BC in August. :sad: We've had too many vacations in 2012 and need to significantly slash the budget. In fact my DH would cancel the trip except for the non-refundable plane tickets for our family of 5.
I was able to get a 2 bedroom villa at Wyndham Bonnet Creek for $120 per night. We'll have a full kitchen to help reduce food costs and an in-room washer/dryer. Not to mention lots of extra space for our family of 5. My youngest tends to talk himself to sleep at night which leads to stressful bedtime in a hotel. My older 2 can share the 2nd bedroom (with 2 full-sized beds) and he can have the full-sized sleeper sofa in the living room. The pool has a lazy river and a water slide, the resort has a mini-golf course, and we got a minivan rental for about $300 for the week. I have an AP so parking is still free.
This is not my first choice (our deluxe CL room at BC was....) but it's better than no vacation.
And I'll be back at Beach Club for the ToT race in September. :cool1:

Amanda

Amanda you are right any vacation is better than no vacation! You will have a great time and still be able to visit disney parks!! I've heard great things about that resort! Have fun!! ~Nannette

For those following my DD job saga... She decided to accept the High School College Counselor position! She becomes a member of the working class August 15th WOOHOOO!! She is perfect for this job... She would never be happy practicing law, but her law degree isn't a waste she uses the knowledge she has from law school and the bars (NY and TX) all the time. Education is never a waste is what I say!! Anyway the position is working with her on her wedding dates and giving her the time off she needs so nothing needs to be moved or changed!!! Best part of the whole thing, and I don't have to pay for COBRA (I am a believer that everyone should have health coverage so I pay for her coverage) any longer!! Cancun/Disneymoon still on!! :thumbsup2

Happy in NYC!!
~Nannette

Amanda you are right any vacation is better than no vacation! You will have a great time and still be able to visit disney parks!! I've heard great things about that resort! Have fun!! ~Nannette

For those following my DD job saga... She decided to accept the High School College Counselor position! She becomes a member of the working class August 15th WOOHOOO!! She is perfect for this job... She would never be happy practicing law, but her law degree isn't a waste she uses the knowledge she has from law school and the bars (NY and TX) all the time. Education is never a waste is what I say!! Anyway the position is working with her on her wedding dates and giving her the time off she needs so nothing needs to be moved or changed!!! Best part of the whole thing, and I don't have to pay for COBRA (I am a believer that everyone should have health coverage so I pay for her coverage) any longer!! Cancun/Disneymoon still on!! :thumbsup2

Happy in NYC!!
~Nannette

Yay! Sounds like all is meant to be. :goodvibes

In less than three days, we will be at the BC! Our flight leaves at 6am and we'll be leaving the house for the airport at 4am. I'm guessing I won't get much sleep Wednesday night.

I can't wait....butterflies are in my stomach.

It is with some regret that I announce that we will no longer be staying at BC in August. :sad: We've had too many vacations in 2012 and need to significantly slash the budget.

One of the things I tell myself on my last day of a Disney vacation is that the parks and resorts will still be there for the next time and that it's only a matter of time until I get back.

I know you'll be thinking of the resort as you are passing by on the Friendship boats and you can always stop by the Beach/Yacht Club for a burger at Hurricane Hannah's or if Teena is working, a hug!

I'm sure you'll have a great vacation so don't be too bummed out!

:hug:
~NM

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter