OLD THREAD: 2012 Beach and Yacht FAQ, Part 2- May, June and July DON'T POST HERE!

Just met the fabulous Teena and she is even sweeter in person, if that's possible. I took a picture with her and I will post it soon. Went to HS this morning and did Toy Story, Little Mermaid , The Movie Ride, Clubhouse Disney, and lunch at 50's Prime Time Cafe. We are back in the room resting until the rain passes and then we are thinking of swimming.

Hey All!

We arrived today. We reserved an garden view room and were upgraded to the Concierge LEVEL!:cool1::cool1: Here's the thing the clerk at the YC asked if we would like to stay Lake View or Standard view CL. We took the CL. The view isn't as nice but the perks seem really great!

It's raining now, but everyone at the Yacht Club are superb. Everyone is just so nice. We just love it here. :love::love:

Happy 4th of July everyone.

Brunette

Oh Steph! I am here to tell you that you can do it! There is nothing like a Disney trip to motivate you to find ways to save! We went through something like this and it really motivated me to make my priority to pay off my Disney trip.

The good news is that you sort of adopt a new mind set and it carries over after the trip is paid off. By having to think about every penny spent you start to realize what you can live with out comfortably and this will help you to get through this period.

I firmly believe that things will get better, so hang in there, adapt and KEEP dreaming of Disney. It will all work out so don't worry too much!

HUGS!!!! :hug: :hug: :hug:

~NM

NM, just wanted to say, Great great thoughts. You put it so well. I guess that's what I was trying to say, when I posted an example of how I bring my coffee and lunch from home to work with me instead of going out like alot of my coworkers do. My family really cuts out a lot of the little things that aren't as important so we can save for the extra bigger things that we want to do.

Hey All!

We arrived today. We reserved an garden view room and were upgraded to the Concierge LEVEL!:cool1::cool1: Here's the thing the clerk at the YC asked if we would like to stay Lake View or Standard view CL. We took the CL. The view isn't as nice but the perks seem really great!

It's raining now, but everyone at the Yacht Club are superb. Everyone is just so nice. We just love it here. :love::love:

Brunette

Congratulations on your pixie dust!!!!!!:banana: Hope you have a great vacation!

Last live report from SAB:

Ohhhh but the best part was that I met the lovely,kind Teena today and she is the sweetest woman who also happens to be a wealth of info. Thanks Teena I enjoyed your talk and after chatting with you and all the info about food and wine test wrist cards DH said to me " I guess the dis boards are helpful" . To which i said "well duh"

Anyway back to reality soon but I will post final thoughts about our first BC stay and let you know all I learned

What are food and wine test wrist cards???:confused3 I've never heard of these?

Sounds like you had a very enjoyable and magical vacation! So happy for you.

Hey All!

Brunette

What a great surprise! Congratulations and you definitely made the right choice!

Jay

So I just did a search on the F & W wrist gift cards. They look great. Seems you can buy them at the water parks too. My husband received some awards at work that he could purchase different gift cards with so he surprised me and brought home 4 Disney gift cards. :banana: :banana: :banana:

Now I'm just wondering if there would be a way for me to make them into wrist cards like the ones Disney has. I like to travel very light in the parks. I'm thinking I may just put all the gift cards on account at BC and use my key card.

Ohhhh I can't wait . . . :woohoo:

I saw awhile back that someone had mentioned a Northeast Dis meet?

Any news on this? I would be interested depending on when and where?

Hey Jay and Wishing on the 3stars!

Thank you so much! We have stayed Poly, CR, WL, GF, and Boardwalk. Nothing compares to the YC! Everyone is just so nice! They do go out of their way to may the customer happy!

The GF is under construction (for the new vacation club) btw. The CR is nice, but not as nice as the YC in our opinion. WL is a beautiful resort, but the rooms do not compare to the YC and finally the Boardwalk is very nice, but it doesn't have SAB. LOL! The Yacht Club is our #1 hands down. Gorgeous resort and number one resort pool in all of Walt Disney World!

Brunette

PS - We would love to get the CM a little token of our appreciation, any ideas? We gave the CM 2 years ago a little Coach change purse that I bought at the coach outlet. The CM's are just outstanding. Anyway, if anyone has any ideas let me know.

Thanks DISers! :)

Brunette

So I just did a search on the F & W wrist gift cards. They look great. Seems you can buy them at the water parks too. My husband received some awards at work that he could purchase different gift cards with so he surprised me and brought home 4 Disney gift cards. :banana: :banana: :banana:

Now I'm just wondering if there would be a way for me to make them into wrist cards like the ones Disney has. I like to travel very light in the parks. I'm thinking I may just put all the gift cards on account at BC and use my key card.

Ohhhh I can't wait . . . :woohoo:

We always use our KTTW card and just apply gift cards to the account every couple of days. Our local grocery store has a gas savings program from buying gift cards and they just got the variable load amount Disney cards back in stock. I made a big payment on our trip last night and now have $1.80 off per gallon for one fill up. :banana:

This will be the 4th trip that I have paid for using gift cards.

NM, just wanted to say, Great great thoughts. You put it so well. I guess that's what I was trying to say, when I posted an example of how I bring my coffee and lunch from home to work with me instead of going out like alot of my coworkers do. My family really cuts out a lot of the little things that aren't as important so we can save for the extra bigger things that we want to do.

Congratulations on your pixie dust!!!!!!:banana: Hope you have a great vacation!

What are food and wine test wrist cards???:confused3 I've never heard of these?

Sounds like you had a very enjoyable and magical vacation! So happy for you.

Teena tells me you get this wristlets with a little card attached that you load with money and whenyoubget to the food kiosks your just hold up your wrist and they scan the card!

Hey All!

Brunette

Can you post how long the rain lasts? We are coming on Sunday and I am curious if it rains for minutes or hours and solid or comes and goes. Thanks

Hey All!

Brunette

WOW nice upgrade - Happy 4th of July :cool1:

The ride to DTD usually isn't that bad. Coming back can take awhile sometimes and we don't find those rides pleasant- lots of stops, very crowded.

A cab is probably around $15, so you may want to consider doing that on the way back.

If you are not in a rush, what my family does is we take a boat to one of the DTD resorts, then catch a bus to EPCOT, enjoy a few attractions and then go back to our room at the BC.

I describe this scheme in the FAQ section on Page 1, it is the last or one of the last posts there.

Note- park hoppers may be needed to do this if you visited a different park that day, and EPCOT would still need to be open when you are headed back.

I knew I had read it somewhere. As my trip is in just a few days now maybe I should go back and reread the information at the beginning of the thread. I have probably forgotten some other info too.

Well, I did laundry around the 22nd of June at the Yacht Club and it was coin operated. I had to get coins for the dryer and found myself in the Crews Cup lounge drinking a scotch waiting for my clothes to be washed. Hey, if you got to do laundry, why not have a nice Johnny Walker black straight up to help ease the pain!

Will there be pictures in your TR? (of the laundry area - not the JW) :lmao:

I saw awhile back that someone had mentioned a Northeast Dis meet?

Any news on this? I would be interested depending on when and where?

I suggested it. Let's do it this way. Everyone interested pm me. I will set up a doodle to find a date that works. We'll post that date here for others who might want to join but didn't pm me.

Amy

We got here!!! We were originally booked for a CL GV at the BC and got a surprise when we checked in that we had been upgraded to a one bedroom suite! That has never happened so we are beyond ecstatic. Message me if you want to meet up.

Thanks for the info. on the laundry. I will probably also be there in the early morning hours before the kids wake up so that we can make rope drop. I just hope that I don't have to do that more than once!

Thanks again!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

For everyone who has been asking about laundry- here is the info from Page 1 of the thread.

I should probably add that the laundry facilities are open 24/7.

If there is other info I should add that would make this a better post, or if you have questions not addressed here, let me know.

Thanks!

Dee

Laundry Information :laundy:

Self-service laundry rooms are located near the BC quiet pool and near the YC quiet pool. Another small laundry room may be found on the first floor of the YC, near the side exit (wedding gazebo side).

Washers are front loaders. According to repairmen working on disabled washers, HE (High Efficiency) detergent should be used in the machines. Regular laundry detergent is available for purchase in the laundry room ($1) or at the Beach Club Marketplace ($2). Don't forget to pack a few dryer sheets.

Both washers and dryers cost $2.00. Washers run for about 30 minutes. The sign in the laundry room says the dryers run for 20. Users have reported the dryers run for up to 30 minutes on regular and permanent press cycles.

laundryentrance-1.jpg
laundryroom1-1.jpg
laundryroom3-1.jpg

Thanks for the photos, Sinderelly!

BCV Laundry Room- 4th Floor, off main elevators

Washers and Dryers:

DSCN0476.jpg
DSCN0477.jpg
DSCN0480.jpg

Sitting Area/Folding Table, TV and Change Machine

DSCN0478.jpg
DSCN0479.jpg

Thank you bellebookworm9 for the BCV laundry room photos!

Valet Laundry Service is also available for an additional charge. Price List for laundry services available in resort rooms.

Will there be pictures in your TR? (of the laundry area - not the JW) :lmao:

Hi Pinkgirl. Ok, I just looked at my picture library and I neglected to take a picture of the laundry :sad2:

I do remember some things about it. I went there rather late in the evening, like 10:30-11 or so. At that time (and remember, the resort was pretty much completely sold out), I was the only person in the laundry room. It was $2.00 per load and I had brought individual packets of Tide to go with it. I did three loads at the same time and then did 3 dryer loads (also $2.00 each). It only takes quarters and you can't use your KTTW card anywhere in there.

The laundry is next to the quiet pool and I sat outside with my cell phone and surfed the web while the wash was going and then I did a late night tour of both resorts (as well as finding the secret entrance in the Beach Club!) while the dryer loads went. At some point, another guest came and used one of the other washers but it was really quiet. I was done around 12:30 AM or so and I was ready to get to bed for a 6AM alarm to Animal Kingdom.

Oh, and something else. It's down by the quiet pool and I'm sure it's the same at the Beach Club and there are bathrooms. Now those bathrooms can only be accessed by your KTTW card. Just a heads up.

Sorry if this is more detail than you needed but I always feel that information is better told if it's part of a story. I wish I took pictures but I was kind of tired at that moment... after spending most of the day at DHS.

I see that Dee posted some information about the laundry including pictures of the BCV laundry facilities. I wish to comment that they pretty much look the same at the YC and I'm sure it's almost exactly the same at the BC. My biggest concern was that it would be crowded at night but it wasn't.

BTW, Dee, thanks for information.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter