Old Navy Flip Flops? Are they enough?

angef425

Earning My Ears
Hi, I am new to this but I have been reading for a few months now! My soon to be DH and I will be going to Disney for our honeymoon the first week of Aug. I have not been since I was like 3 so Im so excited. Anyhow the question that I wanted to throw out there was... Has anyone ever worn Old Navy flip flops (the 2 for $5.00 kind) through the parks? And if you did, how did they work out, are the comfy? I love these flip flops and do not usaully have a problem but any experienced tips would help! Thanks :flower3:

First congratulations on your upcoming wedding! Great place for a honeymoon. I could not walk all day in old navy flipflops and if you are hitting the parks, you will be walking quiet a bit. On those fliplops, I find the part that goes between the toes very uncomfortable, especially during very warm weather. I would suggest taking another comfortable shoe along that you can walk all day in, save Old Navy Flip flops for the pool. IMHO

What ever you decide enjoy and have a great Disneymoon!

NO WAY on the flip flops ... for a great day in Disney you need GOOD SHOES ... you will be walking miles and miles.
Easy Spirit sandals or very comfortable tennis shoes. Trust me. I don't care how fit or young you are .. comfortable shoes or lack of them will make or break your day. Be gellin or you'll be yellin :banana:

Congratultions on your wedding! Hope you get lots of pixie dust!

I've never worn the Old Navy flip flops, but do wear the Reef and Teva Mush flip flops. I can't stand tennis shoes down there. They kill my feet for some reason, plus they are so hot. I've always recommended the Teva Mush flip flop as the most comfortable shoe for WDW, but this past May I tried a pair of Montrail Molokini flip flops and found to my surprise that they were even more comfortable than my beloved Teva Mush flip flops. By the way, I also wear Crocs down there and while OK, find the Teva Mush and Montrails MUCH more comfortable. The Teva Mush and the Montrails have alot of arch support though, which your Old Navy wouldn't. As someone said, you do ALOT of walking at WDW, so need really comfortable shoes with good arch support.

I have worn them and it didnt work out so great. If you ride on anything with water (splash mountain) you can slip and fall really easy with those sandals (dont ask ;) ) and second after acouple of hours it ends up not having enough "padding" and it feels like you are just walking barefoot on the cement. So I would just get some good walking shoes that are broken in. :thumbsup2

I have worn all kinds of flip flops at WDW ($3, $10 & $20 flip flops) and have never had a problem - actually, it is the only thing I wear on my feet when we're there. If you are used to wearing flip flops, you should not have a problem, but I would be sure to take a few pairs.

Hi

I wore nothing but my old navy flips my whole 6 day trip in May. If I wear tennis shoes or anything like that, not matter what I do, I get horrible blisters. Didn't have any problems wearing my flips every day all day, and we walked and walked and walked some more. I think its totally up to the person wearling them and what you usually wear, and how active you are. I would how ever if you are going to wear them, bring more then one pair. I did walk one pair flat. LOL

Have a great trip and an awesome honeymoon!!!!

Hi, I am new to this but I have been reading for a few months now! My soon to be DH and I will be going to Disney for our honeymoon the first week of Aug. I have not been since I was like 3 so Im so excited. Anyhow the question that I wanted to throw out there was... Has anyone ever worn Old Navy flip flops (the 2 for $5.00 kind) through the parks? And if you did, how did they work out, are the comfy? I love these flip flops and do not usaully have a problem but any experienced tips would help! Thanks :flower3:

NO,NO,NO!!!! Oh my gosh NO!!! There is a reason they are only $2.50--they are not meant to walk around in all day long, I think you would regret it! Although I kind know where you are coming from, we only have about 5 prs. laying around our living room at one time, they just would not be a good walking shoe. I wanted to have something that was sporty and fashionable at the same time. We ended up purchasing tevas for all of us, now granted we haven't worn them since, they really, really were comfortable!! We purchased this specific kind because of the support. We NEVER wore our tennis shoes and ended up shippping them back home with other things we had purchased. Here is a link

http://www.zappos.com/n/p/dp/7053422/c/3.html

I have several pairs of Old Navy flip-flops. I think they are very comfortable... for short periods of time. They are NOT suitable for WDW where you will be walking all day.

Have you considered Crocs? I wore them every day during my last trip. They are very comfortable and provide much, much more cushioning than Old Navy flip-flops.

If you are set on flip-flops, you might want to try a pair of the Crocs Athens, although I find that the toe strap in the Athens is a little uncomfortable.

No to Old Navy Flip Flops. If you want to wear them from your hotel to the pool, they are great. All day in the parks?? NO WAY. Everyone raves about Crocs. I don't like 'em. They don't fit my feet properly. I would suggest a pair of Teva sandals. They have good, rugged soles, and straps both across the top of your foot and around/over your ankles. Congrats to you!

Another brand to try are Keen sandals. They are super comfy and waterproof. I wear mine on all vacations including trips to Disney World and most recently while spending 6 days walking around Washington DC. My 14 year old daughter wore her Old Navy flip flops the first day we were in Washington and had shin splints. She switched to her Keen sandals the next day! (She lives in her Old Navy flip flops all year round and only switches to other shoes when there is snow on the ground!)

Thank you so much for all your comments and sugestions! I think that I will have to break down and find some other shoes. I went to the store one day with my heart set on getting a pair or crocks, I got there, tried them on and I didnt like them too much ( they made my feet look 10x biger than they already are). I will look into the Teva and Keen sandals. Thanks katydidbug1 and Boncho, I will also take my selection of Old Navy flip flops and give them a shot. But I think that I will be happy to know that I will have a back up if they dont work out so well. Thanks again for all your comments, you guys have made me feel very welcome on here!:grouphug:

Thank you so much for all your comments and sugestions! I think that I will have to break down and find some other shoes. I went to the store one day with my heart set on getting a pair or crocks, I got there, tried them on and I didnt like them too much ( they made my feet look 10x biger than they already are). I will look into the Teva and Keen sandals. Thanks katydidbug1 and Boncho, I will also take my selection of Old Navy flip flops and give them a shot. But I think that I will be happy to know that I will have a back up if they dont work out so well. Thanks again for all your comments, you guys have made me feel very welcome on here!:grouphug:

My last trip I switched between my 2 different $5 flip flops from target & had no problem. :thumbsup2

Although, I seem to never have problems with my feet, like blisters or anything like that. I say try it, it may not be bad, it's never been for me.

I personally am a flip flop freak....I've been known to wear jeans, long sleeve shirts or sweaters, and flip flops in Feb. Do what works for you. I would suggest bringing a couple pairs of flip flops but also a back up pair of tennis shoes or some other type of comfy shoe. Have fun!!

I wear well-broken in sneakers. I've been looking for a comfy sandal, and tried some Teva Mush, but the piece between the toes was just too thick for me. Otherwise they were very comfortable. I wouldn't do Crocs all day either (and I own 3 pair). I'll stick to my sneakers for now, unless the sandal fairy decides to grant me a wish for perfect sandals.

I've worn them, and as long as you're feet are used to them, you'll be fine! I brought sneakers with me and they tore up my heel (there was something stuck in the fabric in the back..ouch!!). Luckily I brought my Old Navy flip flops for the pool and I wore them for the rest of the trip. They worked great!! You don't have to worry about them getting wet, because they are just rubber and foam.

There isn't as much padding in the bottom, so you're feet will hurt more at the end of the day. That's the only complaint I found. I guess I'm the minority here though...:rolleyes:

I wore Old Navy flip flops all week when I was there last August. I didn't wear them one day and got a ton of blisters. I thought they were really comfortable. I guess it all depends on the person. However, if it is raining they or wet out they are not fun to wear at all cause your feet slip and slide all over the place in them. Congrats on your marriage and have a great Disneymoon!

I agree with the wetness problem with the old navy flip flops, I teach preschool and when I take them to the swimming pool my flip flops turn into a slilp & slide the second they get wewt !!:scared: Your comments have all definatly helped! Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter