• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Old Muster Drill back?

DCL Doesn't get to make the calls on the Muster drill, thats the coast guard.

You're too busy with your cross and necessity to complain though so... Have fun taking that up with the government.
Except, they are the ones making the call, as no other cruise line is changing back at present and I think most don't want to.

I have not been on RC, since they made this change. This sounds great, and makes me a little more excited for our RC cruise in the Spring. Hope it stays around. This seems like it should be great. The most important aspect, I think, is making sure we know where the muster stations are. This does exactly that for each person in the group.

Except, they are the ones making the call, as no other cruise line is changing back at present and I think most don't want to.
Ever consider that the ship with the highest family traveler count and most children on board would need to be a bit more prepared in case of an emergency?

This is a lot bigger than you or I.

Edit to Say: I HATE The muster drill with a passion but I gotta do what I gotta do for vacation and won't let that stand in the way like the rest of you all.

...........................What is MSC?

Did I just win Jeopardy? hahaha, by the way how did you like it and which of the ships were you on? Oh and is the pizza the best at sea like many claim?

I will say how MSC does it is slightly negative as well as everyone still shows up at the same time. I like the ones where you can show up as you wish to avoid the crowds and every stacking in on each other.

MSC or Mediterranean Shipping Co

https://www.zippia.com/advice/largest-cruise-lines/#:~:text=The largest cruise line in,1.4 million passangers in 2021.

YUP and it was DOUBLE JEOPARDY :teeth:

We cruised Meraviglia again and will add that the Muster Call for Room Key scan was done in order of DECKS to keep the crowds down.

Only had 1 slice of pizza this time, it was just an OK not Really Good.

Like most, I expected it to come back to the old way. I understand some people took advantage of the new way which made it a very easy decision to scrap.

But I really wished it would come back with a few changes. For instance, I would prefer they didn't squeeze everyone so tightly. I would like to see more areas utilized to allow more space.

Almost every muster drill we had that was outside on the deck, there were at least 1 person who felt ill being that close to everyone.

the CM working the area said that the app never works in port
The CM was incorrect. We've done three DCL cruises this year and the app worked for the safety briefing for each of them.

The CM was incorrect. We've done three DCL cruises this year and the app worked for the safety briefing for each of them.
They probably should have said it doesn't work for some people. We were unsuccessful in checking in on the app in both Miami and PC, but they were able to just check us off manually at our muster station.

Ever consider that the ship with the highest family traveler count and most children on board would need to be a bit more prepared in case of an emergency?

I dont think its that much higher of a kid count compared to other lines like Royal which have very heavy family travel with things like kids cruise free promos. Also I don't think you understand how the other systems work if you think people are less prepared for an emergency.

A broken system will leave you less prepared but in the end a well run app with the safety videos, confirmation from the check-in, plus a quick demonstration from the check-in location works just as well.

Its not like a in person muster doesn't result in people being tuned out or possibly not being able to really hear what the CMs are talking about.

I am on the Wish right now, and I believe we are the first on this ship with the original muster drill in place. We have not sailed since February 2020.

Our assembly station was in World of Marvel. I don’t find in-person an issue, but this was really disorganized; I hope it’s better executed in the future.

We were all crammed into the long hallway leading into the restaurant. A few of us wore masks (not here for the anti-mask comments). The entrance to the restaurant had no indicator of our muster station (W). We asked and were sent all the way to the very back. If you did not arrive early enough, you had to stand. This was the first time where there was a large number of no-show staterooms so the Assembly Leader had to go through the entire list for a manual roll call. I am asking very nicely that if you don’t agree with this original process to not be those people.

The video was still available on the Navigator app, and I watched it in advance. It is also shown during the drill (no live demo in this restaurant).
Quoting myself from the other muster drill thread.

For this being the first time they've ever done a Muster drill with guests on the Wish, things aren't going to go as smoothly as anyone would like.
I agree, which is why I said I hope it gets better in the future. I can cut the cruise staff some slack, but I have no patience for those who chose to not attend and make the Assembly Lead read off every stateroom on the list for manual roll call.

On the Wish last week with the reinstated in-person muster drill... We mustered in the lower level of Luna Lounge and watched a short video. It was really quick, only took about 10 minutes. Waited in public areas for stairwells to clear out, which took a lot more time than the drill. A cast member mentioned later that evening that 300-500 guests weren't showing to complete the previous app-version of the drill. Hearsay, of course, but if in the ballpark, that's about 10% of passengers.

On the Wish last week with the reinstated in-person muster drill... We mustered in the lower level of Luna Lounge and watched a short video. It was really quick, only took about 10 minutes. Waited in public areas for stairwells to clear out, which took a lot more time than the drill. A cast member mentioned later that evening that 300-500 guests weren't showing to complete the previous app-version of the drill. Hearsay, of course, but if in the ballpark, that's about 10% of passengers.

So its not even the same as before, since it was never a video.

So its not even the same as before, since it was never a video.
That was our experience on the Wish in a lounge, which never had an in-person muster drill before this month. We never had a video on the original 4 ships when we were in the theaters. Will be interesting to hear experiences on the other ships.

We mustered on the fantasy on 11/19. No video. CMs demonstrated everything. We were in the Walt Disney theater so that helped my claustrophobic self.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter