Old meal tickets from winning a contest still valid?

Dr. J.

Mouseketeer
I have vouchers for lunch at Crystal Palace, Trails End Buffet or Grand Floridian Cafe from a contest I won in 1991. Do you think I could still use them, or how could I find out They are for six adults and includes gratuity.
There is no expiration date on the voucher.
Thanks in advance.:confused3

I guess you would have to go to guest services and hope you get someone there that even knows what they are.

The CM you talk to may not have even been born when you got them. :thumbsup2

I would think yes since there is no expiration date on them. I would make the ADRs and immediately upon being seated before you ever order, ask to see the manager and show them the vouchers and make sure they will accept them before you incur a big bill.

You could call the dining line and ask someone there but like a PP mentioned, most of the CMs you talk to probably weren't even born in 1991. Just call and ask for a supervisor.

I know. Getting old hurts! We were planning on eating at Crystal Palace anyway. It may be worth a try!

I would think yes since there is no expiration date on them. I would make the ADRs and immediately upon being seated before you ever order, ask to see the manager and show them the vouchers and make sure they will accept them before you incur a big bill.

I wouldn't wait until then. They may have to be researched and it may take time. Even the manager may have only been a few years old at the time and even if old enough to have ever seen them, they would have to have been working in dinning at WDW for over 20 years.

I have heard of disney turning old E-tickets into monetary credit toward day passes so I would imagine they will be able to do something with your vouchers!

Am on hold with dining right now. They are trying to figure it out right now. Thanks for the advice!

They told me I that it was up to the restaurant whether they would accept the voucher. I am going to try to call CP.

Wow - I'm curious to see what they do! If the vouchers were issued by Disney itself, I bet they'll honor them.

If it was from a contest, it's possible the contest had terms and conditions that aren't spelled out on the voucher. But I can't imagine they're going to find a record of it!

The manager said that as long as it had the name of the restaurant on it, they would honor them. I will switch my dinner reservation to a lunch reservation and give it a try! I am so psyched!

Nice! I would say that they're just a little :laughing: more valuable now, than they were in 1991! ;)

Are there 6 of you to use the voucher?
If not, maybe they will let you come back!!! :thumbsup2

River Country Water Park closed about 20 years ago. We still accept tickets from that park at Blizzard and Typhoon.

Thank you all for your fabulous insights and advice. I have two tickets to Typhoon lagoon, but it is closed when we are there this year.

We went in 97 and my grandma brought meal passes she still had from a Fort Wilderness cabin package in around 1986 or 1987. They still honored them! :) We were even able to use them to see The Spirit of Aloha.

Just got back, and they honored the old meal tickets and the the tip was included in the waived amount. Saved us $200! Thanks for all the advice!:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter