• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

old luau recipe

daveb

Mouseketeer
yrs ago(70's-80's)the luau served a chicken dish in an actual half pineapple shell anyone remember the recipe.thks daveb

There's a recipe called Chicken Pago Pago that is served in half a pineapple. I don't know if this was served at the luau. I found a version of it in the Recipe Exchange, but I have an old Disney Cookbook called "Cooking with Mickey Around the World" that was published in 1987. It attributes the recipe to the Papeete Bay Veranda restaurant which I think is now 'Ohana. The chicken and glaze recipes are identical, but mine also includes the curry rice recipe. If this is the recipe you're thinking of, I can post the curry rice section.

Recipe Exchange: it's in post #175.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1575103&page=12

There's a recipe called Chicken Pago Pago that is served in half a pineapple. I don't know if this was served at the luau. I found a version of it in the Recipe Exchange, but I have an old Disney Cookbook called "Cooking with Mickey Around the World" that was published in 1987. It attributes the recipe to the Papeete Bay Veranda restaurant which I think is now 'Ohana. The chicken and glaze recipes are identical, but mine also includes the curry rice recipe. If this is the recipe you're thinking of, I can post the curry rice section.

Recipe Exchange: it's in post #175.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1575103&page=12
Kim, please do share the recipe for the Curry Rice. Thanks so much!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter