Old Key West

Crissy7682

Earning My Ears
We are so excited!!! My fiancees boss just offered us 4 nights at their condo timeshare are OKW!!! We planned on going to Orlando for our HM but we just had a $47/nt hotel booked, now we get to stay at a resort (first for me!!)!!!

Anyway, what can you tell me about Old Key West Resort? I heard its quiet, which is great because we are very laid back people and neither of us drink/party.

Hi~
Okw is very laid back and a nice resort. We stayed there last July. I would see if he can request a building close to the Hospitality House. This is where the main pool and building is. I think we were in building 27 and it was a short walk to the main building and we caught the busses from there.

You can see pictures over on Deb Wills' site: www.wdwig.com

Also, the folks on the DVC Discussion board might can give you even more info.

Enjoy!

Congratulations! ( on both the wedding and the room).
I don't know if your staying in a studio or 1br. We've stayed in the 1br and 2br not a studio although I have seen them.

The rooms are a very nice size, light and airy feeling. The 1br has a large master bath with jacuzzi tub, a master br, a washer and dryer in the room and a large kitchen living area. The studios have a small (dormitory size) fridge, and a microwave. Both have nice patios, the studios being smaller.

The villas are spread out. Most of the areas we've stayed in have been quiet. Olivia's is a nice place to eat. Pools are usually not extremely busy (they do close at 10pm). Definitely not a party area although it is extremely close to Downtown Disney and Pleasure Island if you have a notion.

We love it there, I'm sure you'll have a great time.

Kim

Another vote for a location further from the hospitality house. The resort is sprawling and well groomed. It is quiet and affords many places to walk, including a wonderful path to Downtown Disney.

You will have a lovely time there, regardless of the type of accomodation you will have, but if you have a one bedroom vacation home (instead of a studio which is quite like any hotel room with a kitchenette) you will have a wonderful jacuzzi tub, and a separate and complete laundry room. The one bedroom (and larger) is quite like an apartment/condo.

The Trumbo ferry to Downtown Disney makes for a nice little boat ride. It can be quite popular so be sure to check out the schedule.

You can rent surrey bikes (and regular two wheeled) and ride throughout the grounds. There are water craft for rent too. Videos are available for rent and there are other supplies for things like ping pong, and tennis.

There is a sauna at the main pool, and massages are available.

Never having stayed on property before, OKW will give you a wonderful first experience! The only problem is, once you've stayed here, you'll probably not want to stay anywhere else!

Have a wonderful time and best wishes for your married life!

I guess I will put my 2 cents in as well! I've stayed in a studio and a 2 Bdrm and I loved both! The only thing I ever thought was annoying was the sound of the buses going by at 1 AM! You might ask for a room that is not directly on the Bus Line. I stayed on the 2nd floor of Bldg 20 and that was the loud one! But I have stayed in Bldg 18 which is set off the road and close to the Hospitality house, and it was beautiful and quiet!

The giant lighthouse is really a SAUNA inside! There is a hot tub nearby, and of course the pool... I personally like being close to the Hospitality House for those two reasons... LOL! For a Honeymoon location, I think OKW is a real winner... (Hope you are getting a 1 BDRM so you can soak in that 2 person jacuzzi!)

Happy Life to you both!

Thanks everyone!! I am getting more excited!!!

We will have a car, we will be driving there from New Orleans.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter