Old Key West?

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by minniemousegirl, Apr 22, 2013.

1. ABE4DISNEY

ABE4DISNEY DIS Veteran

Love OKW! This is my only negative as well....definitely buy/order groceries and you will have a stupendous trip!

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. FigmentChick

FigmentChick DIS Veteran

You can request it, but DVC members are given priority. I have already requested it on my reservation, but my husband also has a medical condition and I requested it for that (in case I'm in the parks with the kids and he wants something to eat kind of thing). I understand there is an in-resort shuttle bus, but that won't help him very much.

And I agree that having the full kitchen is gonna help. We're bringing our pizza pan with us because our kids could eat DiGiorno every night. It will be such a money saver for us. And to be able to have fruit on hand as well as freeze bottles of water. :) I'm so excited!!!! I can't wait to get there!

4. herb102211

herb102211 DIS Veteran

OKW is great We usually stay in a studio and love the fact that they have 2 queen sized beds instead sofa bed and pull out. The rooms are much larger than those at BCV or BWV. The resort is quite spread out and they have internal buses that pick up at several points through the resort for transportation to the parks or to the hospitality house at OKW. We usually try and request a room near the hospitality house as those rooms are closer to Olivia’s, the pool and boat launch to DTD. It is a very quaint resort. I’m sure you will love it!

5. KatMark

KatMark DIS Veteran

We love OKW. We have stayed twice now thanks to a friend giving us his points once and then renting them the next time. I will be back there for one night next month before moving to Beach Club. Then DH and I will be back at OKW for 7 nights in August. We love everything about the resort.

6. goofydad621

goofydad621 DIS Veteran

Hi Minnie mouse girl

We have stayed at many of the resorts onsite over the years. I started goign to WDW in the mid 70's last trip in 2011 tried OKW first tiem and LOVED IT. First time I have been on vacation to WDW that I wished we had more time just to hang out around the resort(my DW says it may have something to do with my age not the resort but I don't think so lol) We liked it enough that we now have a contract goign thru ROFR with disney to own a piece of the magic.
    The girls will love it too we are taking our DD 16 and her friend in January for a week. And you'll love the space bring your own coffee my DW says tha tis the only way to get a good cup of coffee on disney property on a regular basis.

PS glad to see another new englander we live in New Hampshire and I work in Beverly.