Old Key West Resort??? Comments Please! :)

FormrCastMbr

DIS Veteran
Hi All!

I am trying to plan a trip in December with my fiance and son (we are hoping to have a small Disney Wedding). I was looking at all the resorts and Key West seems to be a good deal for us. We are looking for a suite room. Can anyone share their thoughts on this hotel?

I am a Disney lover and also a former Cast Member (College Internship).

Thanks a bunch!

Lauren

studio
1, 2 or 3 bedroom

they are the best!!! love it!

very relaxed and friendly atmosphere.

A one bedroom would be great for you IMO.

You and your husband in the BR and your son on the sleeper sofa. :thumbsup2

I just stayed at OKW last month and loved it. We were in a 2-bedroom and the room was nice and spacious. Will definitely go back.

To call OKW a hotel is probably a misnomer. It truely is a timeshare resort. For you, your fiance and your sone, the best would probably be a 2 bedroom so you have complete privacy, but a 1 bedroom would work too. Research the room layouts and point requirements and see what appeals to your liking.

FormrCastMbr said:
Hi All! I am trying to plan a trip in December with my fiance and son (we are hoping to have a small Disney Wedding). I was looking at all the resorts and Key West seems to be a good deal for us. We are looking for a suite room. Can anyone share their thoughts on this hotel?
Lauren

Shhhh..... :ssst:

It's our little secret. OKW is one of the best resorts anywhere, not just WDW. But if everyone knows, than it makes it harder for us "love OKWsters" to get a room. Yes, it's wonderful. Yes, you will love it. But don't tell anyone.
;)

BTW: Congratulations on your pending wedding and honeymoon!

We have ressies at OKW in Jan :cool1: , and would love to hear what room # some of you stayed in and what was the view, so maybe I can call with a request, based on your opinions.

Ahhhh memories... that's the place I stayed the first time I ever went to Disney World, I think it was in 1999 when I was 7 (I think... Yeah, it sounds right). It's a nice place from what I can remember... We had a really nice person that cleaned our room for us, and she dressed up my teddy bear for me and left little notes that were supposedly "From Fuzzy Bear" such as the one time she wrapped him in a towel and the note said "I just went swimming, the water's cold"... It was cute, lol :)

Thanks, everyone! I have booked OKW and look forward to our trip. This will be my 8 year old son's 2nd time at Disney and my first time going with my fiance...who will be my husband when we leave Disney...we have planned the wedding as well.

Wishing everyone peace, love and Disney!

Lauren

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter