1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

Old key west questions

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by baileys mommy, Apr 14, 2013.

1. baileys mommy

baileys mommy Earning My Ears

We are staying at old key west in early June but not as vacation club members. Does anyone know if we need to bring detergent for the washing machine or dish soap? If they supply it and we use it up (7 of us going) will they give us more? Any other advice for the resort would be wonderful.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. MELSMICE

MELSMICE Hi Ho, Hi Ho, to Disney World we'll go. It'll be

You will not need to bring dish soap.

You will receive one of those small boxes of Tide so you can do one load of wash. I usually bring those detergent pods to use for the wash.

4. TigrLvsPooh

TigrLvsPooh Planning WDW Trips Obsessively

My pods burst (or got squished, I'm not sure which) on the flight so I usually just pre-measure out the powdered detergent into ziploc baggies and also bring a baggie of dryer sheets. We always do TONS of laundry when we stay in the villas, it's so nice to go home without 10 loads of dirty clothes in your luggage. :)

You'll love OKW, it is great! :thumbsup2

5. FlaNani

FlaNani Mouseketeer

We are staying at Old Key West in August. Can't wait!!

6. dr&momto2boys

dr&momto2boys DIS Veteran

Yep, you need detergent. The all-in-one sheets work the best for us. (Throw in the wash for detergent and then transfer it into the dryer for fabric softener.)

7. Deb & Bill

Deb & Bill DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Housekeeping will replace dish detergent and dish washer detergent if you need more. If you are in a studio, you will not get dish washer detergent or laundry detergent. You will get a single use box of Tide or All on each service day if you are in a one bedroom or larger. No fabric softener is provided.

If you are staying on a DVC reservation (either points or cash through Member Services), you will get service every four days. They will not provide extra supplies other than on those four days.

If you are staying on a cash reservation through Disney Reservation Center, you will get daily service and supplies will be replenished each day.

You know that all but three of the buildings at OKW do not have elevators, right? Only the three buildings built when the Sales Office was torn down have elevators and they are usually reserved for medical needs.

8. spiceycat

spiceycat <font color=blue>Own at BWV, VWL and BLT<br><font

building 62-64 have elevators.

the other building do not.

love building 18, 55
    like building 19, 23, 45

if you need another door for the master bath then go with over 30 building.
    here a map
    http://www.wdwinfo.com/maps/OKWMap.pdf

oh I love water views -
    they have woods, water and golf - think they have more golf views