Old Key West or Saratoga Springs Vacation Club Rental?

cathyshos

Shos loves Disney
We are planning staying first week of December 2013. Which one
do you all thing is better of the two??? I am all about LOCATION...I
don't care how nice the rooms are. Thanks in advance!!

We stayed at Saratoga recently but we were gone so much that we didn't really explore the grounds like I would have liked to. But if you like downtown disney it's certainly a good location for that. As far as the proximity to the parks, well, they're both pretty far out and close to each other so I don't think it really matters which one you choose. There may be less bus stops at Saratoga but it's been 4 years since we stayed at OKW so I may just not be remembering correctly.

location is pretty similar.

OKW studios are larger with 2 "real" queen beds with a casual beachy/pastel theme.

SSR studios are slightly more formal and have 1 queen bed + 1 pullout sofabed.

some SSR villas are a pretty easy walk to DTD. both OKW and SSR have boat service to DTD.

We haved stayed both, and I love SSR. Locations of the two are fairly similar in relation to the theme parks, and transportation. But you have the benefit of a more traditional quick service location at SSR, as well two nicely themed feature pools. I adore SSR, and love being able to walk to DTD.

Just an FYI. If you are talking about renting DVC points to stay the first week in December you may need to be very flexible with your dates.

I have been reading posts over on the DVC boards and there were DVC owners who were talking about how hard it is to get the room you want for the first week of December even if you book at the 11 month window.

Echoing the poster above.. You need to make that reservation now! DVC'ers are all over the first part of Dec. I made my ressie yesterday!!:goodvibes

Back to your question... I vote OKW.

I've stayed at both and for location I would say SSR. SSR was convenient to downtown Disney which was great for bus hopping. The grounds were also very beautiful as were the rooms. I very much enjoyed 0KW however for convenience SSR wins. Both are extremely quiet and relaxing resorts with fantastic pools. At SSR we even stumbled upon a "roast your own marshmallow" area every night :)

We haved stayed both, and I love SSR. Locations of the two are fairly similar in relation to the theme parks, and transportation. But you have the benefit of a more traditional quick service location at SSR, as well two nicely themed feature pools. I adore SSR, and love being able to walk to DTD.

Ditto! My parents have SSR as their home resort for DVC. Love, love, love it!

We loved OKW. Stayed there for 3 weeks and loved the location, size of rooms (biggest on Disney property) and a very peaceful, beautiful place.

i've stayed at ssr and didn't care for it at all. it's really spread out and quite a distance from the parks. sure, it's next to downtown disney, but i don't find that area to be of much worth.

if proximity is what you're after, look into bay lake towers. definitely my fave.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter