Old Key West Boat to Downtown Disney

The boat usually starts running around noon and continues until 11 p.m. or so. At least, that was the schedule during our last visit in January of this year. It runs on the half hour. We've seen them use both a small pontoon-type boat, holding only a small number of people, and a larger boat with rows of seats, similar to the ones used at POR and POFQ, holding quite a few passengers...

I think the boat runs more frequently in the evening than during the day (maybe every HALF-HOUR during the evening as opposed to every HOUR during the afternoon). It's a nice ride over to Downtown Disney!

Here is the info on it. Not sure how many people it holds "Offically" but I would guess about 30 or so...but it usually is not full (in my experience anyway)

The Disney Vacation Club Ferry has the following operating schedule:
11:00am to 4:00pm - every 60 minutes (Departs OKW on the top of the hour / DTD on the half hour))
4:00pm to 11:00pm - every 30 minutes (A second boat is added and the departures are every 30 minutes)

Departs Old Key West beginning at 11:00am with service to Saratoga Springs and Downtown Disney Marketplace

Departs Downtown Disney Marketplace beginning at 11:30am with service to Saratoga Springs and Old Key West

The last boat departs Old Key West at 11:00pm
The last boat departs Downtown Disney Marketplace at 11:30pm

ROUTE: Old Key West > Saratoga Springs > Downtown Disney Marketplace > Saratoga Springs > Old Key West

When we were there in April the DH and DS took the boat each nite to DTD and DS, 3 just loved riding the boat each nite. We never had to wait long for the boat and coming home from DTD it was just a few folks.

Our hotel decision this time is what other resorts offer bus service. We can't afford the OKW but sure did love it there.

Hope this helps, April at Tacoma Ranch :Pinkbounc

Anyone know about how long the boat ride is from OKW to DD?

all the tiimes I stayed at OKW I never took the boat to DTD..didnt at SSR either, walked there a number of times tho.

CDSTapisRouge said:
Here is the info on it. Not sure how many people it holds "Offically" but I would guess about 30 or so...but it usually is not full (in my experience anyway)

The Disney Vacation Club Ferry has the following operating schedule:
11:00am to 4:00pm - every 60 minutes (Departs OKW on the top of the hour / DTD on the half hour))
4:00pm to 11:00pm - every 30 minutes (A second boat is added and the departures are every 30 minutes)

Departs Old Key West beginning at 11:00am with service to Saratoga Springs and Downtown Disney Marketplace

Departs Downtown Disney Marketplace beginning at 11:30am with service to Saratoga Springs and Old Key West

The last boat departs Old Key West at 11:00pm
The last boat departs Downtown Disney Marketplace at 11:30pm

ROUTE: Old Key West > Saratoga Springs > Downtown Disney Marketplace > Saratoga Springs > Old Key West

As of two days ago, when I returned home, this was the schedule used. Gotta love that OKW ferry!

We take Disney boat transpertation whenever we can, enjoy riding on the boats.

Has anyone ever missed the last boat back to OKW? We always seems to stay late until the shops start to close. How would you get back? Taxi?

garnet1240 said:
Has anyone ever missed the last boat back to OKW? We always seems to stay late until the shops start to close. How would you get back? Taxi?

If you miss the last ferry, buses run until 2:30am from PI bus stop.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter