Old fashioned Christmas cards sent by snail mail or E-cards, which do you like?

I prefer snail mail cards. But if someone were to send an e-mail card that would be fine too, just nice to be remembered. :)

But, with snail mail cards I save them each year and then bring them out the following year and look through them "one more time" when new ones start coming. I keep the holiday cards in a small wicker basket on an end table in the family room. I pick them up 2-3 times during the holiday season to look at them and think about the senders. I also like to save any that are from senders that passed away over the course of the year. And I save the "special" ones from family, and ones that are photo cards too.

I do that too. ::yes::

:wave:

I like snail mail. It's the only time of year that I make sure I keep in contact with my friends; even if I don't see them during the year.

It'll be in the mail early next week. ;)

=======================================

I have to admit I was really surprised last year when I received an e-card from someone who always sends a Christmas card by mail that includes a personalized long letter with the year's summary of family events and she's older than me. :laughing: I told Jen we're doing Christmas cards this weekend because I want that one to get to Australia before Christmas. :santa:

We do the snail mail.
DW does a letter to all our friends. Our DD is 13 and a cancer survivor and everyone loves to see and hear how she is doing.

Much prefer snail mail cards! Hate to admit it, but the e-cards are forgotten by me by the next day. I'll remember the snail mail card for a long, long time and will likely keep it for many years. :thumbsup2

Definitely a physical card (for both sending and receiving)! E-cards are so impersonal and lazy to me. In fact, if I get an E-card I won't even open it. I would rather not receive a card at all than to receive an E-card.

I only received about 4 or 5 Christmas cards last year and sent out around 15. I get fewer every year and I guess I don't understand why. I guess everyone feels they are too busy. I love sending them out and will continue to do so...and I adore getting one in the mail. I love getting mail!

I open Christmas cards, read them and they go straight in the recycle bin. A photo card I may save long enough to show everyone in the family and then it goes in the garbage.

Don't get me wrong, I do appreciate that someone thought of us. I just don't want to display or save them.

I sent photo cards when the boys were little. I stopped when they were about 6 or 7.

I like e-cards. A lot of them are cute!
I will admit I usually only send them to very close members of the family and for b-days. Never thought of sending Christmas e-cards before.

I hardly ever send anything through the mail anymore, but when it comes to Christmas cards, I consider it a MUST! I'll be sending about 50 of them next week, and love getting them in return (especially the letters and pictures). An E card just seems lazy to me, like I was hardly worth the effort. Unless, of course, you have hundreds of people on your list (I know some people who do, mostly because of their professions), and then I consider it acceptable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter