• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Old Disney Park photos

PICT0146ed-XL.jpg
I used to think that this was so awesome - now it looks kinda hideous....

Last edited:

View attachment 722795

Anyone know where this was??
It’s Tomorrowland. From right to left, you are facing the building with Cosmic Ray’s on the right end and the walkway to the hub on the left. You can just barely see the curved roof of Flight to the Moon to the left of the castle and above what would later become the Peoplemover track (which was part of the construction of the Tomorrowland entrance, but capped off until the remainder of the PM was built). TL was really empty when WDW opened.

It’s Tomorrowland. From right to left, you are facing the building with Cosmic Ray’s on the right end and the walkway to the hub on the left. You can just barely see the curved roof of Flight to the Moon to the left of the castle and above what would later become the Peoplemover track (which was part of the construction of the Tomorrowland entrance, but capped off until the remainder of the PM was built). TL was really empty when WDW opened.
Wow ! Thanks for the info. I was only 2 when this picture was taken, so I don't remember anything about it.

Wow ! Thanks for the info. I was only 2 when this picture was taken, so I don't remember anything about it.
We were there a few months earlier than you, and I was eight years old. I don’t remember much about that first trip either, other than we didn’t spend much time in TL. I did like Flight to the Moon though. The way the seats moved fascinated me.

If you get a chance, you should look up the TV special for the opening of WDW. It is painfully apparent in the video that Tomorrowland is empty.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter