Old Disney Park photos

I just LOVE looking at all these old pictures! I need to stop trying to find myself in them though!

My Dad got out some of our old slides last night, and there were some Disney pictures from way back when. Someone posted some pictures of slides on here that turned out really well, but I am having trouble finding the post as to how he did it.

Thanks for the kind words. I shot Kodachrome and Ektachrome slides almost exclusively, since I got my first camera at 12 years old (I'm 52 now...). My brother and I made three trips to MK in the 1974-1975 time frame (MK *was* WDW in those days) and I'm finally getting around to making digital copies of them. Believe it or not, these were *not* digitized via a transparency scanner. Instead, I projected them onto a 20" X 30" piece of FoamCore, and photographed the projected image with my Nikon D50. The results exceeded my expectations and I judge them to be as good, if not better, than what I could do with my (older) flatbed scanner, and MUCH MUCH faster!

Those posted here are just a few of the slides from that time period. A good many of the others are Instamatic 110 format, and the film is T-I-N-Y. I'll give those a shot this weekend and see what I can come up with.

I have dozens of Carousels of slides from vacations here, there, and yon, from about the early 80's, and I hope to use this little shortcut to convert them all to digital.

~YEKCIM

Yeah! I found the post! I just read how you did it to my son, so I'll get him on the job of taking the pictures of slides!

I found a few:

This is my dh (dbf then though!) on his first ever trip to Disney World in December of 1986 at the ripe old age of 26! How can someone go through life that long without going to Disney???
FountainBehindCastle.jpg

These aren't so old, 1997, I believe:
Corey playing in the fountain at the Imagination Pavillion
coreyfountain.jpg

coreyfountain2.jpg

--------------------------------------
These are from 1999:

Corey in the parade, wearing grey shirt and black shorts.:banana:
Parade.jpg

SomeParade.jpg

Corey in those Rockets in Tomorrowland, 1997ish
TomorrowLandRocket1.jpg

TomorrowLandRocket2.jpg

--------------------------------------------
I like these last pictures, because they were taken May 7, 1997, one year to the day before our beautiful daughter, Arminda was born:

Painting the water tower. I believe they were repainting it white, after having had spots on it to commemorate the opening of the 101 Dalmations live action movie.
TheWreckingoftheWaterTowerin97.jpg

Toy Story Parade at MGM:
ToyStoryParade.jpg

Trams! OOH!
Tramsof1997.jpg

Ok, I definitely have to figure out how to post pics. And when i do, I'm scanning and posting some of my old pics, and my mom's first trip the year WDW opened!

Looking at old photos makes me miss the old rides!:sad2:

I finally made it to my parents house and scanned a few!

These are all from Easter week 1986..I was 10 years old!

Gotta love the short Mickey shirt my brother was wearing!

Big Thunder Mountain Railroad!

Totally 80's!

That's me gasping and covering my mouth..! I wish I knew why!

Not sure if this is Chip or Dale...

I finally made it to my parents house and scanned a few!

These are all from Easter week 1986..I was 10 years old!

Gotta love the short Mickey shirt my brother was wearing!

Big Thunder Mountain Railroad!

Totally 80's!

That's me gasping and covering my mouth..! I wish I knew why!

Not sure if this is Chip or Dale...

Its Dale.(color of his nose)

....and I just noticed there are TWO Dales in that picture.
A DISNEY GOOF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The picture above it(the gasping picture) has Chip in the background.

Ok I GOOFED, I just looked at that pic again and realized Chip IS in the background his "chocolate" Chip nose blends in with the door. My bad its not 2 Dales.....................

....and I just noticed there are TWO Dales in that picture.
A DISNEY GOOF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The picture above it(the gasping picture) has Chip in the background.

The other one is Chip. Not 2 Dales. Yo ucan tell his eyes are different. I never heard of telling by the nose, but the teeth and eyes is how I tell.

Omg...look At My Totally 80's Pic In Front Of The Mickey Flowers...

I'm Wearing Jelly's And Socks!!!!! Ha Ha Ha!

The other one is Chip. Not 2 Dales. Yo ucan tell his eyes are different. I never heard of telling by the nose, but the teeth and eyes is how I tell.

chip's nose is black and dale's is brown.

Okay, you guys have inspired me to finally scan some more in. All these pics are from our trips in either 1978 or 1979. First, a collection of Space Mountain, the old cable cars, and the speedway:

Carsskyride.jpg

Next, a picture of Big Thunder Mountain while still under construction:

buildingthunder.jpg

The old 20,000 Leagues under the Sea submarines:

20kleagues.jpg

My little brother in front of the Empress Lily. Notice the badge he's wearing - this was during the time that most people used the A-E tickets, but with the badge you could go on everything!

joebadge.jpg

My little brother again, with I don't know who (I'm sure one of you can tell me!):

joeand.jpg

The old Penny Arcade:

arcade.jpg

I don't know what ride this is from - my guess would be Jungle Cruise or Tom Sawyer - anyone?

indians.jpg

I still have a bunch more, but these should give you guys a few to look at!

I think the picture with the indians is from the river raft that use to go around Tom's Sawyer's Island.

My 4 year old dd wants to know who the "angry guy" is too!

Here's mine. These are the only ones I had a chance to upload, and they're not even that old. My first trip in '93....

This is my absolute favourite

470711054_7c136a035c_b.jpg

The best picture on this thread IMO!! I laughed out loud!!! :lmao:

Well, it took me all morning and most of the afternoon, but I started and now (sadly) have come to the end of this GREAT thread! Thanks everyone for the memories today! I have laughed and cried to your photos and comments!

My first visit to MK was in 1975 when I was 2, and I have such wonderful memories of my most favorite place with my family. Both of my parents have passed away (this will be the first Mother's Day without my mom), but this thread has warmed my heart and soul by bringing me right back to my childhood and being with them at Disney.

I cannot wait to dig through my old photos this weekend!! Keep posting everyone!! :love:

I just spent all night reading this thread....thank you all for posting these pictures. I also lost my mom a few years back and long for the "good old days" of the 70's/80's. I teared up a few times while reading. We went in 1985 and at the time my dad was a photographer so he developed all the pictures into slides himself. I know he still has them but finding them will be a challenge..they may not be labeled! :scared1: I am now inspired to do so..thanks again! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter