• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Old Disney Park photos

I love all these old photos.
1990-JIIFigmentDreamfinder.jpg

LOVE these OLD pictures! I have a few from my first trip (was actually a business meeting to Epcot). Where is the "wand/gloved hand/Epcot words" on Spaceship Earth???

[
Epcot87.jpg

Epcotparade.jpg

I'm the one in the geeky black shirt!!

RosenCrown.jpg

Here are some pics of the parade they had in 1973/1974.
We went to WDW on our way back to CA. We went to Tampa to visit some friends and went to WDW while down that way.
WDW1974-1.jpg
WDW1974-2.jpg

WDW1974-3.jpg
WDW1974-4.jpg

I know these aren't WDW, but I had to share them with everyone. In 1978, my sis, bil & cousin went to DL together, we got stuck on the skyride for 30 minutes. While sitting up there I took some pics. Here they are:
DL1978-2.jpg
It's A Small World
DL1978-4.jpg
Fantasyland - Teacups
dl1978-3a.jpg
Check out the climbers on the Matterhorn in red
dl1978-3b.jpg

Sleeping Becca said:
When did the MK introduce strollers? I don't see any strollers in my 1980 pics, most of the adults are carrying their small children. Interesting! There are several strollers in Nbtstatic's photos dated 1982.

The stollers have been around for quite awhile. Here are some photos of me, my father and sisters sometime from the summer of '76. As you can see, my baby sister is in one of the old style rental strollers. Have no idea why my mom took that photo. Not exactly the picture of a happy family enjoying their Disney vacation! Long, hot, hard day at the park no doubt. Dig my Dad's threads, especially the shoes (hushpuppies?) He wasn't stylish then and it has gone downhill from there! :rotfl:

Dad53.jpg

From the looks of the seating, the area is most likely Tomorrowland. Not sure, but that could be the Indy Speedway in the background. As a bookend photo, here is one of me and MY son taken in the same general vicinity except pointing in the opposite direction from the older photo. Of course, the new one is almost exactly 30 years later! Man, I feel old.

IMG_1634.jpg

This thread has inspired me to go through some old family photos my mom gave me and scan them. I know I have some Disney ones in there.

Disneygrl36 said:
I love all these old photos.
1990-JIIFigmentDreamfinder.jpg

Oh...how I miss the old ride! I couldn't believe they have even taken out most of the hands on activities for kids and replaced them with the Kodak picture computers. I don't think it is nearly as educational or good for kids or even as much fun as it used to be. :sad2:

monetnj said:
The stollers have been around for quite awhile. Here are some photos of me, my father and sisters sometime from the summer of '76. As you can see, my baby sister is in one of the old style rental strollers. Have no idea why my mom took that photo. Not exactly the picture of a happy family enjoying their Disney vacation! Long, hot, hard day at the park no doubt. Dig my Dad's threads, especially the shoes (hushpuppies?) He wasn't stylish then and it has gone downhill from there! :rotfl:

Dad53.jpg

From the looks of the seating, the area is most likely Tomorrowland. Not sure, but that could be the Indy Speedway in the background. As a bookend photo, here is one of me and MY son taken in the same general vicinity except pointing in the opposite direction from the older photo. Of course, the new one is almost exactly 30 years later! Man, I feel old.

IMG_1634.jpg

This thread has inspired me to go through some old family photos my mom gave me and scan them. I know I have some Disney ones in there.

There's a thread, Disney Then and Now where people post photos just like yours! Really Nice!!!

Sleeping Becca said:
When did the MK introduce strollers? I don't see any strollers in my 1980 pics, most of the adults are carrying their small children. Interesting! There are several strollers in Nbtstatic's photos dated 1982.

I have a picture of my brother in one of those strollers in June 1972, so I imagine they've always had them. I've been wanting to figure out how to scan it, since it's my first trip picture to WDW - I'll have to ask my DS17 or DD15. I'm sure they know how!

Corryn said:
There's a thread, Disney Then and Now where people post photos just like yours! Really Nice!!!

Funny you should mention that. I had thought of that myself, but kinda thought this thread was very similar, so decided to post here instead.

Awesome walk down memory lane! Thank you to everyone sharing their pics, especially those who posted pics from the 70's - those really brought back some happy memories of our family trip there when I was a kid!

Notice the end of the parade beyond. Winnie the Pooh was the last character
And I believe that area is where Splash Mountain stands today

:)

Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting

STEAMBOAT209 said:

Oh no...bad flashbacks. I was so glad to be there on the 1st day that it was 100% changed back! :)

I'm going to my parents' house today and I will be going through our old photo albums and scanning our pictures from Disney in the 80's. Maybe they're even from the late 70's??? I think there are some from both decades!

I love looking at the crowd photos - it's like someone has captured time and it's just a heartwarming thought that the Disney magic has been continuing for so long! (Geez, when did I become such a geek?!?!)

Here's one that I believe I took in 1977 when I was 10 years old. It was horribly faded and had a bunch of thumbtack holes from having been on a bulletin board for years and years. Photoshop cleaned it up pretty well, but I'm not thrilled about the way the grass looks.

disney002_edited-1_filtered.jpg

Here's another from the same trip that I'm not having as much luck repairing . . . .

Disney004_edited-2.jpg

This thread inspired me to ransack my family photo albums! We had QUITE a few pictures, but for now I made a small slide show, the pictures range from the late '70s to the early '90s. My more recent pics are packed away in a box, but for these should do! Enjoy!!

WDW pics this way!

Thank you everybody for sharing all of your great pictures. I have laughed, I have arrred, I have also missed the original Figment ride and I was also quite moved when I saw the picture of the little 'Timon' with her mum who passed away in 1997.
Let's not laugh too much as it might be our little ones posting pictures of us in 25 years time :joker: and future DIS'ers laughing out or trainers or haircuts....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter