Old Disney book Title help?

Kigari

Earning My Ears
I have been trying to search for a disney book from my childhood that my Nana had and was wondering if any collectors might be able to help me figure out the title of it i only remember a few things about the book but one thing is for sure it was a thick book that had the Disney wizard of oz story in it (Dorothy in red dress) Dumbo, Sword in the stone. Those are the ones i am positive on other possible stories in the book Snow white and the sorcerers apprentice thats all i remember from it i have looked around and no luck so far

I saw your post earlier in the week, did some searching on-line but couldn't find anything that appeared to be what you're looking for. There are so many Disney books including compilations of stories it just boggles the mind. I think the thing that could help narrow the field is that it has the Oz story included. There are many Disney Oz books, but I gotta think the number of compilations books that include Oz would narrow the field considerably. It would also be helpful if you had a general idea of the era the book came from. The Sword in the Stone movie came out at the end of 1963, so the book likely wasn't issued prior to then. Disney released Return To Oz in 1985, it's possible the story in book was tied to that movie.

You might try contacting The Disney Archives. search on-line and you'll find a several sources for contacting them. Good luck!:earsboy:

Thank you for your response im not sure on the era (it was old when iwas a kid and i grew up in 90's so it be between 60's-early 90's if anything pre beauty and beast era) and the wizard of oz story was the original one where she melts the witch (that read along record) and not the return i have beeen searching myself and knocked out a few cant think of what to search i was starting to think it might be a collection of read a longs in one huge book but cant find anything like that either also another possible story is mickey and the bean stalk cause i remember seeing a page where they are slicing a bean really thin. (i post in here when if i finally find out what it is)

Last edited:

I have a book from my childhood that is red and is a collection of stories but it doesn't have wizard of oz or mickey and the beanstalk but it does have Dumbo, snow white and the Sorcerer's apprentice, maybe it is related? I am uploading the pictures with the table of contents, please excuse the stickers and ripped up cover :) I hope it helps

Attachments

• IMG_0731.JPG
    IMG_0731.JPG
    105.6 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_0732.JPG
    IMG_0732.JPG
    70.8 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_0733.JPG
    IMG_0733.JPG
    94.4 KB · Views: 5
thank you for your help but it isnt that specific one this book definitely had the wizard of oz in it ill include some pictures of the oz story that was in it (from google sorry being so big not sure how to upload photos smaller like you did)
il_570xN.235661712.jpg
il_570xN.795402470_rk5q.jpg
il_570xN.795404068_3f9u.jpg

the book has been found ^_^ i was wrong in remembering a few things but this is the book i was looking for
Disney-book.jpg

it has bambi, disneyland parade, donald duck and the witch, mickey and the beanstalk, Pinoccio and the whale, the sword in the stone, wizard of oz and winnie the pooh and tigger in it :3

That's great! So did you find your original copy, or is that a replacement? If it's a different copy, what was it that led you this title?

my mum found the orginal copy in my "treasure" box in the warddrobe from wwhen i was 11 and we moved house its falling apart aand has no spine but the rest of it is ok but i was so certain it had dumbo in it because when is younger i remember drawing all over it silly past self so there might have been two and thats what was confusing me but so glad i found the wizard of oz one ^_^ it was starting to do my head in lol thank you all for your help

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter