OLCC drive times- please help

LoveMyLAP-BAND

Banded 2/18/05
Hi,

Staying in OLCC in December for a week and I'd like to know drive times, mainly in the morning to get to the parks by 9am opening. I know we all drive different, walk different, etc and such, but approximate times would be sooooooooooo helpful.

I am looking for condo door-to-front gate from OLCC to each of the parks.

PLEASE HELP :flower3:

If you take black lake road ( I think it is the first left after OLCC) to Sherbeth to Osceola it is a very short drive. I didn't time it but I think AK would be 5 to 10 minutes, MK 10 to 15 and maybe slightly longer to Epcot and MGM. We took this route every morning while we were there, mostly just to the resorts for breakfast and a walk. If you are going to AK turn left at the T in the road, all the others are a right turn.

you are not consider that traffic light.

in front of Orange Lake is one of the slowest traffic light I have ever seem - you can sit here easily for a good 7 minutes... but generally it is 3 to 5 minutes....

this light will stop you and slow you down.

I would say 15 minutes to Epcot (might be 20 - depending upon that light)

Ak would say 12 mintes to 17 (again on that light)

MK would say 25 to 30 - you are dealing with not only that light - but some reasons there is always more traffic here to deal with at the toll plaza. Now it might not take that long - but I would plan on at least that much. It is the furthest away of all the WDW theme parks.

Studio 14 minutes to 19 minutes...

now that means that there is little to no traffic on Sherbeath.... the roads gets more than it share of accidents - so in some cases it might be wiser to go the longer way....

it you are stopped at that stop sign (from black lake to Sherberath) for more than a minute or two - instead of turning left (Sherberth) just turn right get back on US 192 and go the World Drive way.

I wish there was a "back way" out of OLCC..that is a loooong light, Pat::yes::

We rented a house in Glenbrook, which is easily a 15 minute drive. My cousin and her family were staying at OLCC. We were meeting at the BC for supper one night, and we ended up there first.

We laughed when they said they thought they saw us going by them on the 192, while they were waiting at the OLCC light :teeth:

If you plan on being out your door no later than 8:10 am, you'll probably make it to all park openings, Lovemylapband:) (Or shortly after)

Remember, it just takes time to get everyone loaded/unloaded from the car...walk through the parking lots, security, turnstiles, etc, etc. The drive may be the shortest part of the adventure!!:teeth:

And who knows, if you're super early, you may get chosen by a CM to do something really fun:)

Have a wonderful trip!

:sunny:

Don't be fooled by yahoo maps or something similiar. All of the posters are correct. It is very close but the light can be a killer.

Might be a suggestion to the olcc to recomend an alternative. Have a wonderful vacation you will enjoy olcc my cousins have owned in here for about 15 years.

Okey dokey. Plan is to leave by 8am so it looks like I'm okay.

Hey- I'll be in Halifax next week. We're going on a cruise from NYC on Carnival.
I'll wave to you :wave2:

It is about 5-6 minutes to the Animal Kingdom using the Black Lake / Sherberth Road entrance. The light at OLCC was never a killer for time the left turn light at Black Lake Road seems to stay red forever, even when there was no traffic coming the other way. The worst case I've had was it took a little over 10 minutes to go from OLCC to the AK and that was because I had to wait 5 minutes at the Black Lake Road light exchange. Most of the time it is more reasonable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter