Olaf Magic Shot

jhaig

Not The First To Pass This Way
Where in Epcot will the Photopass photographers do the so-called Magic Shot with Olaf?

Just keep asking. It may not be a specific location, but whoever's been trained on it, so ask ask ask any photographer you see. We weren't offered it at Epcot, but a CM did it for us at HS with no request for any specific magic shot

Don't know if they do it at Epcot. We did get it at HS. The photographer had us stand in front of a fountain.

Man I thought this was some kind of snow themed shot as Ina drink! not a picture. Bummed....

My husband is a PP at Epcot and he said it's still in testing. Only certain photographers are trained on it currently, so it's random. Just ask everyone you come across. :)

My husband is a PP at Epcot and he said it's still in testing. Only certain photographers are trained on it currently, so it's random. Just ask everyone you come across. :)

So maybe you can answer this for me, then. A couple years ago my sister made a challenge for herself to try to get as many magic shots as possible. One of the PP photogs said only the CMs with a tripod could do magic shots, however, I posted that once on the DIS and was told it's actually the opposite (only those without tripods can do them.) Do you happen to know which (if either) is the case? Thanks!!

So maybe you can answer this for me, then. A couple years ago my sister made a challenge for herself to try to get as many magic shots as possible. One of the PP photogs said only the CMs with a tripod could do magic shots, however, I posted that once on the DIS and was told it's actually the opposite (only those without tripods can do them.) Do you happen to know which (if either) is the case? Thanks!!

Not saying that I can confirm that it is either or, but one year we had a photographer that did a couple of magic shots for us and he did not have a tripod because we moved around.

We asked a PP CM who had a tripod to do a magic shot and he said he wasn't supposed to. Because there no one else was around, he took the camera off the tripod and changed his mind and did it for us anyway. I took note that the other PP at other parks did not have tripods that said they would do magic shots.

We asked a PP CM who had a tripod to do a magic shot and he said he wasn't supposed to. Because there no one else was around, he took the camera off the tripod and changed his mind and did it for us anyway. I took note that the other PP at other parks did not have tripods that said they would do magic shots.

Makes sense! So it must be the opposite of what we were told. We wondered because she did one at DHS with Minnie sitting by her on a park bench, and the PP photog didn't have a tripod, but the one that told her to look for tripods was in EPCOT on the bridge where you can have your pic with the Eiffel Tower behind you, and he did have a tripod.

I've always been told that only photographers without tripods can do magic shots because then need to be able to adjust the camera to appropriate heights or zoom it in or out enough to get the perfect shot of our Disney friends. The tripods don't allow as much flexibility with framing the shots to each individual or family.

From all of my years of visiting Disney and getting Photopass, from what I remember, only the photographers without a tripod actually did the magic shots. And this was in AK, HS, and MK. I've never had one from EPCOT, so I'm not sure about there.

And we're really hoping for more info about the Olaf shot, as my two teenage daughters LOVE Frozen and would really like a shot with him in it!

Also, in the Tips section of Disboards, there is a thread going on with a Photopass photographer. There is a rumor about the Olaf picture and even shows you the supposed "pose" that you would do for the shot (it's of Elsa doing her spell pose with her arms over her head). Not sure how accurate it is, but it would make a good shot.

My husband is at work until 10:15 tonight. I will ask when he gets home. :thumbsup2

At Epcot, right at entrance, photographers without tripod can do magic shots of Tink, and butterflies. I also read here that some can do Tink's wings there.

At bridge to France, the photographer there has a tripod. But if you ask, he can take the camera off the tripod and do magic shot with balloons.

We just got back from our trip.One of the photographers took our picture with Olaf on the bridge. I had the old photo pass plus and am currently waiting for my disk to come in the mail. once it comes in I will post it for you guys. I also had another photographer take a picture of me with the tink wings in Norway. I can post both if any one wants to see them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter