Ol' Man Island Closing for Refurb - Port Orleans Riverside

Hi Maccagerl! We're staying at the same time... A DIS moderator on my other thread said only the slide should be closed, and it should not impact the hot tub (let's hope he is right!).

I was at POFQ 2/1-2/3 and walked over to POR. Everything was open on Sunday, on Monday the entire pool area (including the hot tub) was fenced off. The pool bar, the playground, and the campfire pit are all accessible.

That comparison doesn't work no matter how you try to spin it especially since most restaurants do not have a separate kitchen for desserts. YOU STILL HAVE MORE THAN 1 POOL AT POR TO USE SO YOU ARE NOT LOSING ANYTHING!!

I am losing the hot tub, which is one of the main reasons we book POR instead of a value ( the values don't have the hot tubs). We use it every night to relax and unwind from our busy day at the parks.

And the comparison does work- there are restaurants which have separate areas for dessert preparation.

Hi Maccagerl! We're staying at the same time... A DIS moderator on my other thread said only the slide should be closed, and it should not impact the hot tub (let's hope he is right!).

To the PPs: I spent over an hour on the phone and couldn't be transferred to another resort without shelling out $1,100 b/c we are a family of 5 and the other resorts are either too small for us, or they are completely booked . I remained pleasant and kind to the nice people I was speaking to, but there was never a compensation offered from guest services (whom my CM spoke with twice).

Hi!
When I called and spoke with guest services, they called over to POR and told me the pool refurb would be finished on 2/20.
Let's hope she is correct! ( Although I've never had any work done on my house that was actually finished when they said it would be!)
Hopefully I'll see you by the (newly refurbed) pool and hot tub in a couple of weeks!:beach:

Hi!
When I called and spoke with guest services, they called over to POR and told me the pool refurb would be finished on 2/20.
Let's hope she is correct! ( Although I've never had any work done on my house that was actually finished when they said it would be!)
Hopefully I'll see you by the (newly refurbed) pool and hot tub in a couple of weeks!:beach:

I had spoken with Disney this morning and asked about the pool closure as well. It has been given an opening date of March 7th. He did indicate, however, that it was subject to change depending on weather, etc. I am going March 16th and am hoping I have the main pool available to my kids.

I had spoken with Disney this morning and asked about the pool closure as well. It has been given an opening date of March 7th. He did indicate, however, that it was subject to change depending on weather, etc. I am going March 16th and am hoping I have the main pool available to my kids.

Now I am getting nervous! They keep moving the date the pool is expected to be done further and further into the future. I'm arriving at POR the 8th, and have been looking forward to soaking in the Hot Tub. Darn.:sad1:

Now I am getting nervous! They keep moving the date the pool is expected to be done further and further into the future. I'm arriving at POR the 8th, and have been looking forward to soaking in the Hot Tub. Darn.:sad1:

This is really weird, because I just called a few minutes ago and was told by the front desk manager that it is still expected to reopen Feb 20.

Crossing fingers that he was telling the truth!

I am losing the hot tub, which is one of the main reasons we book POR instead of a value ( the values don't have the hot tubs). We use it every night to relax and unwind from our busy day at the parks.

And the comparison does work- there are restaurants which have separate areas for dessert preparation.

Not that you probably want to walk there, but POFQ has a hot tub you could use.

Not that you probably want to walk there, but POFQ has a hot tub you could use.

I know, but like I wrote in my previous post,
Throwing on a coverup over my bathing suit, stepping out of my room and walking a few minutes to the hot tub and soaking after a long day at the parks, then taking only a few minutes to run back to my room=RELAXING.

Having to get dressed , walk 10 minutes to the boat dock, wait 20 minutes for a boat, walk up to the hot tub at POFQ, then towel off, put clothes back on over wet suit, walk back down to the boat dock, wait 20 minutes for a boat, 10 minute ride back to POR, long walk back to room= NOT so relaxing.

Being at Disney even without a hot tub = relaxing
Being in the northeast with snow, ice and sleet = not relaxing.

They're calling for 3-5 inches on the coast, 4-8 inland, with a mix of rain and sleet on the coast as of last night.

They're calling for 3-5 inches on the coast, 4-8 inland, with a mix of rain and sleet on the coast as of last night.

We will be in the 6-10 inch range we are inland just enough to get more than the coast. Our friend is flying to Australia tomorrow morning. I wonder if he will get out?

I called today and the front desk manager said Feb 20th

I'm wondering whether the March re-opening date might have been a mix-up, as there is also a planned closure of one (or maybe two) of the Alligator Bayou quiet pools during the period 23rd February - 6th March, which I've not seen mentioned much here. That would tie in exactly with the 7th March re-opening date that a previous poster quoted; perhaps the CM was getting mixed up between the different pool rehabs?

We'll know soon enough anyway - I hope it's open for your vacation!

Andre

We were really excited about our last minute Anniversary trip to POR 2/23-3/3. We have stayed here many times over the years with the kids and by ourselves. The pools at Magnolia Bend most of the time are private and not busy at all. Now with Ole man island and the Alligator Bayou pools under repair at this time Magnolia Bend pools will be I'm afraid really pretty hectic. :sad2: Reluctently we changed our reservations to CSR. We have stayed there before and really love it, but it was our second choice for this trip. I'm sure glad that we were able to change when we did. :yay: We realize that rehabs have to be done, but if one can avoid them by being notified farther a head of time maybe they could have changed Resorts if they chose too ! We can't wait to get away from the snow and unwind at WDW.
Jimmy and Allie :cool1: :hippie:

We will be in the 6-10 inch range we are inland just enough to get more than the coast. Our friend is flying to Australia tomorrow morning. I wonder if he will get out?

Glad to see there are other Mainers on here commiserating about the weather.:scared:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter