Okw???

DisneyMin

Mouseketeer
Can anyone direct me to info/photo's/opinions on OKW? We're going on a spur of the moment trip in a week. We wanted WL,but they're full,,and they had room at OKW. We're getting a 2 bdrm,,and i'm excited,but nervous,as the inlaws are going with us.I know OKW is a Vacation Club resort,but other than that i'm clueless. Is this a good choice?I didn't see a faq thread on okw,but i may not have looked hard enough. Thanks for any input you may have!!

Love, love, LOVE the 2 bedroom villas at OKW. :) We've done them three times (with the grandparents) and it's awesome! :) There is plenty of room, and it's so nice to put the kids to bed at night and then do whatever you want out in the living room... eating, watching TV, relaxing on the porch, etc. You'll have a full kitchen, dining room, laundry room, huge jacuzzi tub in the master bedroom, it's really great! :) I would recommend buildings 62-64 or 11-14. They are close to the main building and main bus stop. Last time we were back on Miller Road and I didn't really like it as much. Too far away.

Have a great time! :)

We have stayed at OKW twice. Once in a 1br and the last time (7/03) in a 2br. OKW is definitely one of our favorite resorts. Large spacious rooms with a light airy feeling.

We like the location (close to downtown Disney) and the relaxed atmosphere. I'm sure you'll have a great time.

Kim

Pretty much a perfect choice for traveling with the in-laws. A 2 bedroom is like having your own home at WDW.

The new and improved Disney site has a great section on OKW and you can also find lots of pictures at all ears net

I've stayed in a Studio twice...absolutely love the OKW complex. Very quiet and relaxing. Try to get a room close to the hospitality house as possible. It's close to the pools, the store, the restaurant. I'm going again in March.

Good choice::yes::

Thanks so much for the responses! I"m soo excited!!! Has anyone ate at Olivia's? Any input on the food?Thinking of doing either b'fast/lunch there. We're eating dinner at Whispering Canyons. I hope the weather is nice and warm...

Our first trip to WDW we stayed at OKW in a 2 bedroom. I never wanted to leave. I am so spoiled now, I will never want to stay anywhere else. It is amazing. We felt like we were at home. We had plenty of room and didn't have to worry about disturbing each other if someone wanted to stay out later. The buses were great. Pools were nice. You have to take the boat ride to Downtown Disney. Have a great time.

Although we have DVC's at VWL and BCV, and love them, we also love staying at OKW. We've stayed in a two-bedroom twice, and a studio once. Don't worry, you will love it there. The rooms are very spacious, and the color scheme is wonderful, very sunny, beachy, Floridian feel to them. We most recently stayed there this past October, and I didn't want to go home! We've been in the Turtle Pond section twice, and this past time in the South Point section. We've eaten at Olivia's twice for breakfast, and both times were very good. We've been meaning to try dinner there, but haven't had a chance yet. Have fun!!:D

We stayed in a 2BR at OKW last October. It was fabulous!! i can't wait to go back sometime. We ate breakfast at Olivia's, and it was sooo good. My SIL said it was the best meal AND the best deal she had. The only thing I would have changed about our stay is, I would have stayed longer and used the jacuzzi more. It was right next to our bedroom, but we were so tired most nights when we got home that I only used it once.

You will love it. I had read over and over how big the places were, and after being in a BCV I just didn't have a clue. It really was much bigger than any other DVC 2BR property. We walked in and just kept looking around saying..."I can't believe how big this place is!"

We stayed at Old Turtle Pond Road, right across from the bus stop. It was quiet and such a nice short walk back to the rooms.
Have fun...I wish I was going there again!

Lori

We have been DVC members at OKW since 1994 and its our favorite with 10 trips! We like Millers Rd (#63,64)area and the ones directly across from the store/check-in (#11. 12, 13). We have stayed at other areas and all are fine except some are a good walk or internal bus ride to the check-in. You will be spoiled by all the ROOM you will have in the villa. Have fun!
PS take the boat ride to Downtown Disney!
Connears

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter