Okw?

Don't mean to hijack the thread but is the concensus that the OKW/SS August deal is an extremely good one? Is it advisable to book the accomodation and wait for flights to come down in price? Flights still seem extremely expensive.

As with others on this thread we would be going without a car so transport links would be important(we would definately be going to Universal a few times also is this easy enough without a car?)

dreams unlimited offers universal tickets with transportation from disney hotels included.
The ticket including round trip transportation costs $85.99 for a 1 day - two park ticket

UNIVERSAL ORLANDO1-DAY/2-PARK WITH ROUNDTRIP TRANSFERS

You receive a 1-Day/2-Park experience with transportation to Universal Orlando from your Disney Area Hotel.

Includes roundtrip transfers to Universal Orlando Resort from Disney Area Hotels

One (1) day admission to Universal Studios Florida and Universal’s Islands of Adventure

This special offer is only available for advance purchase!
Transfers provided by Mears Transportation
Transfer Schedule:

To Universal Orlando Resort: This service is available 24-hours a day except between the hours of 10:00am and 3:00pm. Pick-up time will be determined by calling Mears Transportation at least 24-hours in advance to arrange your pick-up time from the hotel.

From Universal Orlando Resort: Pick-up time with Mears can be arranged when making your initial reservation or by calling Mears from the parks a minimum of 90 minutes prior to your desired pick-up time.

Length of Transfer: Varies by hotel; however approximately 30 minutes each way.

Documentation Instructions: You will receive an Electronic transfer coupon with this purchase. You must present a valid photo ID with your transfer coupon at the time of pick-up from your hotel.

Additional Information: Valid hotels for this shuttle are located in the Lake Buena Vista, Walt Disney World and Hwy. 192W area.

RESTRICTIONS:
* Your ticket may not be copied, transferred, or resold
* Tickets are non-refundable

or you can book the tickets and transport separately (by booking the transport directly with mears and buying your tickets separately)

You should love the one bed - great space and very relaxing. :thumbsup2

Hi Mikki thats one of the reason for trying OKW, we have always had a studio on site at WDW and having done the DVC tour a couple of times the 1 bed look great (not seen OKW though). Last three trip have been commando so taking easy next time around..well thats the current plan :rotfl:

Hi Mikki thats one of the reason for trying OKW, we have always had a studio on site at WDW and having done the DVC tour a couple of times the 1 bed look great (not seen OKW though). Last three trip have been commando so taking easy next time around..well thats the current plan :rotfl:

the 1 BR at OKW is huge...we always stayed in the 2 BR, but the layout is pretty much the same (without the extra bedroom)...
it's really very spacious....the one bedroom villas have 942 square feet - that's gigantic!!

Do not expect any other DVC 1 beds to be like OKW. Okw was the first and is very much the biggest size accomodation. If you can stand walking up some steps (the bell services are great at doing the luggage) ask for a high floor with a water view. If you want to be central then also request close to Hospitality House. I tend to do that nowdays but no location is far from a bus stop. I just like being able to walk to Olivias for breakfast!

I think that would be the one thing that would put me off, the distance from some of the rooms to the centre of the resort, though having said that we haven't ever been there so it's wrong of me to judge. If we felt we had to drive that wouldn't be for us really.

Ultimately for somewhere like OKW I would prefer to have a look around before we book ideally, personally anyway.

We love OKW. We definitely get by without a car. Other than driving to DTD or other locations in Kissimmee the car stays parked 99% of the time. Here is a link to some sites in OKW: http://allears.net/acc/g_okw.htm

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter