Okw

Wibess

Earning My Ears
What comes in the villas....for example, paper towels, salt and pepper and is there shampoo in the bathrooms and soap. This is the first time we have stayed in a villa and I did not want to overpack :wizard:

Yes: paper towels, shampoo, soap (ask for more if you run out). Salt and pepper are not in the units. There are little coffee packets with sugar, fake cream and a couple of packages of coffee. Extra coffee is an additional charge, so you may want to bring coffee and basket type filters if you drink coffee.
If you are in a studio, you will have access to a free washer and dryer but will need to bring your own laundry stuff. If you are in larger units, you will have one or sometimes two packages of laundry detergent in your unit with your washer and dryer. If you need more it will be an additional charge. (Bottom line: bring laundry stuff if you will be doing much laundry.)

The one thing I noticed that's not in the units is paper napkins. Yes, there are paper towels, but no napkins. So I always "aquire" some at CS places.

Thank you for the info.....we have a 1 bedroom villa and I was trying not to overpack.....I feel like I am moving!! :rotfl:

Don't you have to pay for more shampoo/soap? I am not sure, but I do know that if you leave a tip on towel and trash day, you get lots more!

Bobbi :)

They'll leave extra soap and shampoo on T&T day as well as a full cleaning day. We just use the paper towels for napkins.

We usually pick up some of those picnic disposable salt and pepper shakers at the grocery. We usually pack a few spices from home, and we always have a DVC pack of stuff that goes with us with that stuff in. We have coffee filters in that pack as well as our favorite landry supplies. We pack VERY light for clothes, and tend to wash a load a day. Then we wash the night before our trip ends so we can pack clean clothes for the trip home.

Oh, and don't bother to pack a hair dryer, because every DVC bathroom has one in it.

I'd recommend packing some small bottles of your favorite shampoo and conditioner. The Disney stuff is not too great, it is a shampoo/conditioner in one.

We just got back from our first DVC stay: a studio at VWL and a 1 BR at OKW. Neither place provided that little bottle of lotion that you get in the WDW hotels. I think I saw it listed on the room inventory as "available on request".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter