OKW Visit

dthomas

Earning My Ears
First time to OKW. We stayed in building 27, third floor. Loved building 27 location. Bus stop right outside door; in fact, if you walk out and just miss your bus you had time to walk to the bus stop in front of check-in and catch it. Building 27 bus stop was the first one on and first one off. Loved it. Also, a short walk to main pool and at night we could see a few of the fireworks from Epcot (most of them were covered by trees).

I loved the bigger kitchen and the lower points!

When I first saw the dolphins (at the pool) from a distance I thought the dolphin area was a kid's play area, but it wasn't! Too bad, would have been a cute area for kids. The one thing I didn't like was that there was not a good place for my son to swim. He is four. The baby pool was too small and at the main pool he had to stay right around the steps to touch the bottom. At home, he loves to go to the local pool - they have a larger area not real deep for this age. (Please don't tell me I could have pool hopped - I did not feel like doing that after all morning in the parks - just wanted to go for a nice swim at home!)

One other thing - there are lighted tennis courts; however, the rental place closes at 7:30. Unless you bring your own from home, don't plan on doing any tennis playing in the evening. It would have been nice if the front desk could keep some rackets and tennis balls. The evenings are so much cooler (temperature) and my husband and son (this one is 15) really wanted to play a few different times after 7:30.

Overall, had a great time, can't wait to return!

Glad you enjoyed OKW. For future stays, there is a play area adjacent to the pool at Turtle Pond. It has a shower to wash off the sand before you get back into the pool. I think our kids had more fun getting wet under the shower than they did the pool.

dthomas, thanks for the post. Glad you enjoyed your stay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter