OKW v YBC

fleurbie

Mouseketeer
Hi
Just wondered what one would you choose and why?

I just can't decide, I love the thought of the boat to DTD from OKW, but they don't have a very good counter for breakfast from what i've read, but BC and YC sounds lovely. We are two adluts no children :confused3

Thanks all

I just saw this thread and it caught my attemtion as I am having the same debate!

I do have kids and right now I am lening towards OKW for the added space. I have stayed at SSR in the past and really loved having the boat to DTD.

Being close to Epcot and DHS would be nice too so I just cannot decide?

BC and YC. Main reason: Location, Location, Location. When you stay there you not only have walking access to Epcot and DHS(you can also get there by boat) but you also have walking access to all the restaurants at Boardwalk and the Swan and Dolphin. The resort is also much smaller than OKW. When we stayed at OKW we had to take the car(or an internal bus) just to go to the swimming pool.

You're trying to compare apples and oranges. The two resorts are so different!

OKW is very laid back and more of a traditional condo community type of place. It's a great place if you have a car, but not so great if you have to rely on Disney's bus system. It's really spread out and it can be difficult to get to the main check-in area and restaurant. In addition, the studio units have two queen-sized beds instead of the bed & sofa set up found in the rest of the DVC resorts. We prefer having a fold out sofa because it gives us more space for the majority of time we're in the room. Of course, if you go with a 1 bedroom you'll have a king sized bed and plenty of space.

The Y&BC are right in the middle of everything. They too have 2 queen beds so you're not gaining anything by booking at the regular Disney resorts. If you're lucky enough to get into the Beach Club Villas you can book a studio and have all the amenities of the Y&BC.

Personally, I would choose the Y&BC just because of it's location. If I wanted a laid back vacation I would choose SSR for the studio set up and the restaurants (*and* the boat to DTD) or Animal Kingdom (Lodge or Villas).

if you like the world showcase... the epcot resorts are more than perfect!! the dining options are amazing... and you still have a boat option to hollywood studios!! i highly recommend the yacht club!! the pool is fantastic as well!!

We just got back from OKW and while we liked it we would never choose it over YC or BC. Taking a stroll around the lake at YC/BC after a day at the parks is really nice. You can also walk to Epcot 2-3 minutes......now you COULD walk to HS though I wouldn't suggest it, too long. Lastly, both YC and BC are very compact whereas OKW is very spread out

Oh yeah, the bus service is faster as well.

depends upon what you want.

do you want close to the action - then bc or yc

if you want to relax and maybe not go to the parks each and everday - then OKW.

the studios at OKW have 2 queen beds - but the 1-bedroom has a king bed in the master and whirlpool tub.

you can also stay at BCV - the studio has queen and double sleeper sofa - the 1-bedroom also has the whirlpool tub.

We own DVC and have stayed at all of the properties and the deluxe hotels, always using WDW bus system. When asking my adult children what their favorite is, they would unanimously say OKW.

My husband and I prefer BC/YC/BCV due to location to Epcot and DHS (which we easily walk to both parks). However, it's not nearly as relaxing of a stay. If we were not going to hit the parks daily, I'd be happier staying at OKW.

Thanks everyone

Although I still don't feel any clearer :rotfl2:

All I can say it's a lovely dilema to have

We are planning to have alot of chilling days, but we won't have a car, I love the broadwalk area, and as it wil be Oct the food and wine fest will be in Epcot so another reason for YBC so I do think I'm leaning more that way.

It just means I'll have to go back and stay OKW next time :confused3

We are 2 adults and have leaned toward staying at the YC. It's a somewhat quieter resort and as all the other posters have said, it is in close proximity to both Epcot and HS. So there are dining choices there, plus the Boardwalk, Swan, Dolphin, YC and BC.

We usually get water view and I love to sit on the deck to relax and just watch all that goes on. Depending on room location, we have also been able to see the fireworks from Epcot from our room. If not, you can usually see them from areas around the lake.

Finally, we stayed there last year for the F&W fest and loved it. Very easy to walk to the back entrance of Epcot where the majority of the tasting booths are. Then if we got tired, we just walked back to the room and were able to relax and go back at night.

I spend most of my time time at Epcot, and I really love staying at the Swan or Dolphin. The few times I have stayed elsewhere, especially at SSR and OKW, I felt like I was out in the boonies!

OP - you'll be glad you're staying at the YC or BC after a few evenings enjoying the Food & WINE Festival! ;)

Thanks everyone

Although I still don't feel any clearer :rotfl2:

All I can say it's a lovely dilema to have

We are planning to have alot of chilling days, but we won't have a car, I love the broadwalk area, and as it wil be Oct the food and wine fest will be in Epcot so another reason for YBC so I do think I'm leaning more that way.

It just means I'll have to go back and stay OKW next time :confused3
If you want to be there for the F&W Fest then the YBC is the place to stay. You can stroll to Epcot basically at your whim.
You can "chil" there as well...you don't have to go to SAB every day...you can use the quiet pools which are...well...quieter. ;)

You can book a studio at the BCVs which will give you a kitchenette too, to store your lovely adult beverages which are required for "chilling".

Definitely though...that time of year, for F&W Fest...Yacht or Beach hands down.

I would go with YC because of location. The OKW is nice but it is not really a deluxe, more like a deluxe-lite

Just a word for OKW.....

We stayed there this year. When we arrived and for the first couple days, it didn't feel.................disney. But after a few days in the parks, I appreciated the fact that it didn't and absolutely loved it. Of course we had a car, which made it nice. PLUS, we are from a rural area and crowds wear on us a bit after awhile. But OKW was awesome!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter