OKW to DTD

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by fr spodo komodo, Apr 1, 2013.

1. fr spodo komodo

fr spodo komodo Earning My Ears

Is it possible to walk from old key west to downtown Disney?

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. carissa1970

carissa1970 DIS Veteran

I have read on here, yes, but it is a long walk. Everyone suggests taking the boat.

[​IMG]

4. fr spodo komodo

So it would be possible to go for a run in the morning from OKW to dtd and back.I ask this as I asked this question to a cm on the phone and she said you couldn't

5. carissa1970

carissa1970 DIS Veteran

I would say yes. I don't remember which thread it was, but someone posted a map of OKW and hilighted the entrance to the walking path to DTD. I've seen it mentioned more than once.

[​IMG]

6. brertoad

brertoad DIS Veteran

I don't think there is a safe route, you would have to walk along main roads.
    Best bet is to take the boat. OKW does have a 1.5 mile jogging trail.

If you were at SSR, yes, there is a path that leads into Marketplace end of DTD.

7. klangkat

klangkat Mouseketeer

8. runner_princess

runner_princess Mouseketeer

You totally can, and be on sidewalk the whole time. It makes a 2ish mile loop, more if you go around the outside of DTD, all the way to the westside. You can also connect via a crosswalk to International Drive, and add about 2 more miles of sidewalk-friendly running there.

9. Deb & Bill

Deb & Bill DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

It is perfectly safe to run on the trail from OKW to DTD during daylight hours. It is not lit at night. The trail starts in the South Point area, just past the South Point pool. Both my son and husband have run along that path to DTD and SSR from OKW.

The path is under one mile to get to the West Side of DTD. Just stay off the golf cart paths and the golf course.

10. brertoad

brertoad DIS Veteran

I couldn't see anything on the maps, and from driving around that whole area it seems like nothing from OKW connects to SSR or to DTD. I know SSR has the path that leads into Marketplace. I saw a small path at the bottom of the map for OKW, but it didn't show where it leaded to. We'll have to check it out sometime.

11. zorro77

zorro77 DVC Member Since 93

We have stayed at OKW over 50 times and walked dt many times. Yes as others have said not to do after dark. Jogging to dt is from 1-2 miles depending where you start or end up. We have had our mothers in 80's doing the walk down and back also and because it is mostly flat its a very nice walking path. Enjoy

12. SueM in MN

SueM in MN combining the teacups with a roller coaster Moderator

Yes.

It's a very nice, wide paved path. It follows the water along the side of the golf course.

13. fr spodo komodo

Thanks guys for answering my question.I must stop ringing Disney and ask any questions I have here as most disboarders seem to know more about WDW than most CMs