OKW studio question

lisatx04

Mouseketeer
Been awhile since I have stayed in a studio at OKW, but will be there this June in a studio.

Can someone refresh my memory? Is there a mini refrigerator in a studio? I like to keep things on hand for the kids to drink, especially when we get home from the parks.

Also, are there washer and dryers by all the pools? Is there a charge to use them? I know the studio does not come with a laundry basket, but if I ask housekeeping, do you think I could get one to use while I am there? We are flying in so I am unable to bring one with me.

Thanks!

lisatx04, There is a mini fridg in the studio at OKW and the washers are at the pools and there is no charge. Not sure about the basket but if I had to guess I would say they would provide you with one if you asked. have a great vacation!

Mini fridge WITH a freezer section. I only mention this because the freezer is important to me, and the ones at Villas at the Grand Floridian do not have a freezer section (even though the CMs will tell you it does).

Yes there is a fridge.

I'm not sure about the basket. I always bring a pop up hamper which folds up nicely in a suitcase.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I doubt that they will provide a laundry basket bring a mesh bag like college students use. Bring laundry detergent

When we had to do laundry being in a studio at AKV, I just used my rolling suitcase - it was empty from unpacking everything, and that's where I kept our dirty clothes during the week (I used the drawstring plastic laundry bag provided in the closet for our underwear and socks), then just rolled the suitcase to the laundry room when it was full to wash everything - took my book and read it while I waited for the laundry. I think the ones at OKW are by the Turtle Pond pool if I remember, and I'm sure I read by the pool when I waited for the laundry there before.:thumbsup2

Rolling suitcase....good idea...there are machines at every quiet pool along with the main pool (I did laundry there while the kids were at the pool once and the pack it up to go home). :banana:

Love that the new detergents that you can bring from home are small pods! Really saves the room in my purple locker

I just bring a big plastic bag--one of the ones I keep getting from "charities" asking for used clothing. I put the worn clothing in it, and then carry it to the laundry room.

Yes there is a fridge.

I'm not sure about the basket. I always bring a pop up hamper which folds up nicely in a suitcase.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I don't know if this was your suggestion or someone else's on another thread but I read before my October trip and completely stole it. It was so convenient to have a large hamper to put our dirty things. Helped keep the condo so much neater

Not to hijack the thread, but do the deluxe studios have coffee makers? If so, what kind and do they provide coffee? I'll be there in June and have never stayed at OKW before.

we pack 2 nylon (collapsible) duffle bags/totes.....
i line them with a plastic bag, and all our dirty stuff goes in. come laundry time, one of us just grabs one or two of the duffles, and the clean clothes come back sans plastic bag.
we've also used the empty duffles for more "stuff" on the flight home.

i'm big on multi-use :)

Not to hijack the thread, but do the deluxe studios have coffee makers? If so, what kind and do they provide coffee? I'll be there in June and have never stayed at OKW before.

The coffee makers use standard filters. I don't remember the coffee supply, but it wasn't nearly enough for us. A few pods, I think...

The coffee makers use standard filters. I don't remember the coffee supply, but it wasn't nearly enough for us. A few pods, I think...

Warning... The coffee is swill! We bring a bag of Dunkin Donuts coffee with a few filters.

Warning... The coffee is swill! We bring a bag of Dunkin Donuts coffee with a few filters.

The coffee is now Joffrey's, which isn't swill. Perhaps you thought it was still Nescafe, but it's not anymore.

Popup hampers are fabulous! We have 3. :)

The coffee is now Joffrey's, which isn't swill. Perhaps you thought it was still Nescafe, but it's not anymore.

Popup hampers are fabulous! We have 3. :)

Good news! Time to go back to WDW
Been doing cruises and they need new coffee

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter