OKW Resale

majimikate

Mouseketeer
Can anyone share what they recently have passed ROFR for with an OKW resale? We are thnking about bidding on 2 different listings and would like to hear about any other's successes...thank you!! (The listings are at $73 $75 points respectively, one with a Dec UY, points intact, the other for a Feb UY, some '05 points left. We would reimburse of course, for all unused points we received.) Thank you!!

Originally posted by majimikate
Can anyone share what they recently have passed ROFR for with an OKW resale? We are thnking about bidding on 2 different listings and would like to hear about any other's successes...thank you!! (The listings are at $73 $75 points respectively, one with a Dec UY, points intact, the other for a Feb UY, some '05 points left. We would reimburse of course, for all unused points we received.) Thank you!!

Go to the last couple of pages on the ROFR thread...two people just passed there yesterday...but, I cannot remember at what. That thread is REALLY long, but it is the most recent news of what people have been going through on ROFR...it is VERY worth your read if you are looking.

Here's my summary. It seems that EVERYTHING at $73 or greater has passed, except for poor Amybeth, who got TWO of her OKW contracts taken, one at $73. It seems when she was trying to buy, that DVC (for whatever reason) wanted OKW April UY. A whole bunch of them got bought back that week. Lately, OKW seems to be passing. I spoke to my realtor (we are impatiently waiting on ROFR right now, as well), and she said the ONLY contract she has had bought back at $73 or higher was Ambeth's. But, she said it seems that DVC's new strategy is to hold pending contracts at each resort in "groups" together and assess them as a group rather than individually. That seems to be holding true, as you will notice that people find out in "clumps" all at the same resort on the same day (yesterday must've been OKW day). Now, whether DVC is taking the "cheapest" ones and buying them back (kind of seeing the "best" deal thing), or whether they are "filling" waitlist orders (which I kind of doubt...based on the fact that I sat on a rather LONG waitlist (I was number 2 of MANY) for two months and DVC did not buy contracts when it had the chance...for which, I was VERY happy, as I knew some people trying to get through ROFR at the time), I do not know. I, personally would say that DVC is NOT looking at waitlists...but, there are others who would disagree with me on that.

I know this is REALLY long, and maybe not what you are looking for....but, my point is this. There really is no "MAGIC" number at which your contract will not be taken. Certainly, $78 per point is a LOT less likely than $72...but, why pay that if you don't need to. My advice would be bid $73 if you are a "risk-taker", and $74 or higher if you want a "pretty-sure-thing". If you are REALLY nervous, and really want THESE contracts...bid $76 or more. But, I think you will be a lot healthier through this entire process if you just say, "If I don't get these...there will be others." ...which is SOOOO hard to do!!!

Anyway....check the thread....and, good luck to you!!!

:wave:

Beca

Early in the summer we tried for a contract listed with the Timeshare Store: 250 pts. OKW April UY all points intact. $68.
At that time our broker said $68 was still going through, but ours didn't -- 2 weeks earlier it probably would have gone thru.

2nd attempt in August: 270 pts. OKW, June UY 13 banked pts. @ $72. -- it took FOREVER to find out, but it did pass. Just signed the closing papers today. Disney was really slow getting thru ROFR and getting closing documents to Closing Services.

Since our $72 contract went thru, the prices seem to have gone up again! I guess because the economy is turning around, people are spending money again and the prices are going up.
I agree that $74 will probably still go thru -- $73 is iffy.

Good luck!

Tiggerjan

We just found out today that we passed rofr with an OKW/Oct. UY/230pts. contract. This has all of '03 pts. banked and all of '04 pts. coming in Oct. We are paying $75/pt plus '04 maint. fees and closing costs (but not '03 maint.). I think that's all the details.
We will most likely try our hand at renting out the '03 pts. (once I do more research) and this would offset some of the cost........or we may change our mind by the time we close and decide to 'blow the pts.' on an unexpected vacation :eek:

you do great - marzipan - if DVC was gonna buy back that would be one - with all those unused points!

Yeah, no buyer's remorse here, spiceycat:earsgirl:
I think that if you really like a certain contract...taking into account all the variables like UY, #pts available, etc....don't risk it over a dollar or two per pt. It looks like overall, contracts in the mid-seventies are passing (that's including the closing costs).

After reading all the ROFR I'm hoping that my OKW pending resale at $74 goes thru. It is similar in terms to marzipans with respect unused points, mfee, cc. I sent our contract to TTS yesterday.

thank you all for your replies!!! I'll let you know how it works out, calling the broker back now!!! thanks again...

As I mentioned in the ROFR thread, we just got our pass notification yesterday. OKW 210 points @ $73, 193 2003 points and all 2004 points w/ Dec UY, we pay closing and maint fees.

I read another user explain about banked points and I think he/she is right. I don't think DVD cares about banked points as they can easily fill up a contract with all the unused points they have. They seem to care more about actual final price. Buyer paying closing costs and maintenance fees adds about $6 per point real cost. So my $73 per point contract is really $79. While from my perspective all the banked points are a real benefit, I don't think DVD cares. So, in the event you pay $73 with no banked points and therefore no 2004 maintenance fees, I think this is actually more appealing to DVD. Real closing costs above $78 seem to be passing right now for OKW.

Just my $.02.:confused:

We just purchased a 250 point contract for OKW. We paid $72 a point and passed ROFR in July.

250 POINT CONTRACT WITH ALL 250 FROM 2002 AND ALL 250 FROM 2003. We are getting the 250 for 2005 on Oct 1st.

We just came back from our first trip home at VWL and it was awesome!!!

If I'm not mistaken, July was before Disney upped the price of the add-on points so now their rofr level is a bit higher to maintain their margin. I'd be careful about offering $72 on a contract like that now...but good for you for getting in just under the wire!

pirate: ::MinnieMo
DW and I had a 32 pt. contract with 32 banked points pass at $74. I think the squeeze has lessend since the hurricanes.
I think disney has to use cash to cover the deductibles which are high on wind damage. I think now it is basic cash flow.
good luck

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter