OKW Report 12/10-12/13

dsneygirl

<font color=blue>My little pirate is here<br><font
This was DH and I's first stay at OKW. We arrived just before noon on Sat and were able to get into our room right away which was great because I was not feeling well. Check in was super speedy and a very friendly bellman took us to our room. We were in studio 3124. We noticed right away it was a little musty/damp smelling so we turned on the fans and opened the balcony door. We did notice it lingered throughtout our stay but that's Florida for you I guess.

Everything else was very clean in our studio. We were about a 5 min walk to the HH and the Turtle Pond bus stop was at the next building. We did find the studio a bit noisy in that we could hear the family on the other side of the lock off a few times. We stayed at SSR in October and commented how it was so soundproof we never heard a peep from our neighbours.

We ate at Olivia's and enjoyed it, rented a surrey which was fun and spent one afternoon at the pool. Dh actually swam the pool was so warm but the air was crisp. All the CM's we dealt with were great.

Bus Service was ok. We usually waited an average of 10 min to leave OKW and found the buses better when leaving the parks. We usually only waited a couple minutes and lots of times there was a bus waiting. We had one 30 min+ wait to go to Epcot and our last morning 45 min+ to go to MK. We were at the bus stop right at 9am and every park came by twice or even 3 times. Finally an MK bus came which was packed and there was another empty one right behind. I would have thought the buses would be better organized right at park opening.

Overall our stay was good but I think I would return to SSR before OKW again. DH however preferred OKW so time will tell.

Thanks for the report. I certainly hope to get to make it to all the DVC resorts in the future, but since that will take many years, trip reports like this help me work out our "priority" list for upcoming trips. I need to get to my "home" of BWV first though.

Congratulations to you and Trent on the pregnancy. Glad to see another baby out there whose first trip to a Disney park was in the womb. DW and I went to Disneyland at 5 months pregnant.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter