OKW (renting points) or POR

saxman

723 miles away
We are currently planning our trip during March and we had decided we would stay at POR in the Alligator Bayou area since we had a short trip recently and enjoyed it very much. We have rented points once for our stay at the Boardwalk Villas (studio) and had a bad experience with the extreme distance to our room. But the rental experience was a positive one.

We are a family of 4: DD-7, DS-14 with my wife and myself.
We be driving our own car.

Please give your opinions and suggestions.

Thanks

My worry with either choice is that you say at BWV you had issues with distance to your room. At both POR and OKW, they are very large resorts -- larger than Boardwalk, Villas and all. So you would need to be renting OKW Near HH category, or booking POR Preferred for best results.

OKW has better pools for your kids' ages. Olivia's > Boatwright's.

My worry with either choice is that you say at BWV you had issues with distance to your room. At both POR and OKW, they are very large resorts -- larger than Boardwalk, Villas and all. So you would need to be renting OKW Near HH category, or booking POR Preferred for best results.

OKW has better pools for your kids' ages. Olivia's > Boatwright's.

We will be driving so I was hoping OKW might be a good choice considering our vehicle will be close to our room (we'll drive everywhere except MK.) We usually spend one afternoon at the pool so just one trip to the main pool might not be that bad.

At BWV, our room was the very last room down 3 very long hallways so getting to the bus stop or our car was a very, very long walk.

We will be driving so I was hoping OKW might be a good choice considering our vehicle will be close to our room (we'll drive everywhere except MK.) We usually spend one afternoon at the pool so just one trip to the main pool might not be that bad.

At BWV, our room was the very last room down 3 very long hallways so getting to the bus stop or our car was a very, very long walk.
We've stayed at all three resorts and I agree that the problem with the Boardwalk is the long hallways.

We've stayed at POR twice, both times in AB, and really like that resort.

I assume you would be in a studio at OKW. Those rooms are huge. You would get a balcony with an OKW studio. You would drive just about everywhere, including to the pool when staying at OKW. The parking lot would be right below your room which would be convenient, and you could pick up some groceries for breakfast in the room.

Either resort has its good and bad points and I think either one would fine, although POR has much better counter service options than OKW. The counter service at OKW is extremely limited.

If the choice was between a villa at OKW or POR, then I would pick OKW. But an OKW studio vs POR kind of sways me toward POR.

If QS matters, POR has a much better food court (OKW wouldn't have much more QS than BWV)
POR Alligator Bayou would have the extra Murphy bed while the kids would need to share the queen bed in an OKW studio.

Depends a bit on your plans for food too. If you think you'd enjoy the villa experience, go with OKW. Unlike BW, there is parking by almost all the buildings, right in front of your room if not too busy. But if you enjoy qs dining at POR, that might be a better choice.

Good advice on the QS options. I don't see it as a determining factor but its good to know.

OKW has two queen beds. That might mean son and dad and daughter and mom in beds. No murphy bed for one of the kids. And they won't provide a rollaway or cot. Unless your kids don't mind sharing a bed on vacation.

If you get a one bedroom, you'll have one king bed in the master bedroom, and a queen sleeper sofa and twin sleeper chair in the living room.

POR has two queen beds and a murphy bed in Alligator Bayou.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter