OKW Rehab Buildings List - Please Report Here

MinnieGirl33

DIS Veteran
Thought it might be helpful, particularly for those of us hoping for a villa with a sleeper chair, to track which buildings at OKW have had their refurbishment completed.

If you have recently stayed, please post your room location & I'll edit the list. I'll also try to pull info from other threads where possible.

Hospitality House
11 - DONE poggs
12 - DONE cutakenta
13 - DONE Cinders Mum, AKV707
14 - DONE MinnieGirl33

Miller's Road
15 - DONE Cinders Mum

Peninsular Road

Turtle Pond
30 - DONE barrysprot36
31 - DONE saintstickets as told by front desk, Ken Breadbox
32 - DONE Mfgs, diddldonna
33 - DONE saintstickets as told by front desk
34 - DONE minniemickeyfan as told by front desk
35 - DONE minniemickeyfan as told by front desk
36 - DONE andytamia as told by front desk
37 - DONE andytamia as told by front desk
38 - DONE andytamia as told by front desk
39 - DONE Tinkers
40 - DONE Tinkers
41 - DONE rubbergypsy
42 - DONE Mic, disneyma
43 - DONE Swayhoover90, cindyf, Mic
44 - DONE Mic

South Point
45 - DONE bzzelady
46 - DONE bzzelady
47 - DONE dizneefamily5
48 - DONE andytamia as told by front desk, SusieBea
49 - DONE MoonPet
50 - DONE MoonPet
51 - DONE minniemickeyfan as told by front desk
52 - DONE Pea's Mom
53 - DONE minniemickeyfan as told by front desk

The Turtle Pond area should be finished completely, and they should be working on the South Point area, it should be done soon. Don't know what area is next on the schedule.

Just back from 1415 and no rehab there, it was in bad need of some love in the bathroom...the shower door did not seal, all appliances were pretty beat up, overall it was a great stay though and I still love my OKW!

Keep seeing reports that Turtle Pond Rd. is done and that's not true. Much of it may be, but not all. We were in 39 last week in an unrefurbished 2BR.

We just returned from OKW Sunday, and requested the Turtle pond area for our entire group. We had a few studios, 1-bedrooms, a 2-bedroom, and a GV, located in buildings 42, 43, and 44. This area has been refurbished, as both the 1-bedroom in building 43 and the 2-bedroom in 42 had the extra sleeper chair and the wood-like flooring. The GV in 43 had been refurbished as well.

For anyone who knows.....I haven't been keeping up with the OKW refurb, but I noticed the comment about the extra sleeper chair. Is adding the sleeper chair to make the 1BRs capable of sleeping 5 being done in all rooms? (except studios of course)

Would love to have another readily available option for our DVC stays with a family of 5 besides AKV and BLT!!!

Keeping an eye on this thread as we're booked at OKW for Tgiving week and are really hoping for a refurb room since we're a family of 5.....

I really like OKW...it is a pretty resort and will be eveb better after the refurb. My question is can you specifically request to be in a refurb room...AND...Will the studios still have 2 beds?

I really like OKW...it is a pretty resort and will be eveb better after the refurb. My question is can you specifically request to be in a refurb room...AND...Will the studios still have 2 beds?

Yes, the configurations of the studios can't be changed. They will always have 2 queen beds as will the 2nd bedrooms at OKW.

When I was there at the end of June, buildings #45 and #46 were being done. I would think that they are done by now :)

When I was there at the end of June, buildings #45 and #46 were being done. I would think that they are done by now :)

Ugh, looks like I'm going to have to endure the new decor in December then.

Yeah...I usually request 45, 46, or 56 in South Point so I guess I am going to have to endure it right along with you :sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter