• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

OKW Questions

villager45

Earning My Ears
We'll be visiting OKW in Feb 2014 and will have a studio. This year when we stayed we had a small fridge but this no longer shows on the list of room amenities on the website. I know they were renovating the rooms there and wondered if they've removed the fridges.

Also the pizza delivery option from Port Orleans no longer shows on the 2014 Dining Plan leaflet. Anyone know if they'll still be delivering to OKW in 2014?

Not 100% sure, but Disney did a major recall of the smaller fridges, and is replacing them in the majority of the resorts. In the mean time, because so many people were upset about it being listed and not there when they came, they removed from list of amenities.

BUT, I thought it did not affect DVC resorts, even the Studios...

We'll be visiting OKW in Feb 2014 and will have a studio. This year when we stayed we had a small fridge but this no longer shows on the list of room amenities on the website. I know they were renovating the rooms there and wondered if they've removed the fridges.

Also the pizza delivery option from Port Orleans no longer shows on the 2014 Dining Plan leaflet. Anyone know if they'll still be delivering to OKW in 2014?

All DVC studios have a small refrigerator and almost all of them have a small freezer section. These refrigerators were not affected by the recall and the problem with fires.

Can't help you on the pizza. You may just have to ask that question again in January.

All DVC studios have a small refrigerator and almost all of them have a small freezer section. These refrigerators were not affected by the recall and the problem with fires.

Can't help you on the pizza. You may just have to ask that question again in January.

We had a studio at OKW this past June & it had a small fridge as noted above. :)

Thanks for the replies. I guess they'll probably update the website later on.
Can't wait to go back, only 172 days to go. :)

think they got too many complaints - so now outside vendors are allowed on property - you might have to go to the lobby to get your pizza (not sure) - but the offsite choices are alot better.

can't eat pizza - allergies - so go ask on the DVC resort board for a list of the offsite places that deliver pizza to OKW

Last nov we stayed in a 1 bdr and ordered dominos several times. They asked our room number and called us back at the resort to verify and they delivered straight to the room. However I would caution not to use the flyers that are dropped off and not give your credit or debit card info.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter