OKW question about SWA

Nafinegar

Mouseketeer
I just booked tickets for 12/4:cool1: I am hoping that I will be able to do RAC at that point? I assumed that since the Hospitality House renovations would be completed they should be able to handle SWA?

I am getting pretty excited about this trip now that I have my tickets!

That is my understanding. We usually drive, but may fly SWA in December, too.

:)Just wanted to let you know that one of the Disboard members is staying at OKW this week and checked with OKW Resort Airline Check-in (for me) about Southwest Airlines. SWA is now participating in the RAC at OKW. I believe all the renovations are complete in that area. Good news for all of us who visit OKW frequently!

I just got back from OKW last week and can tell you they just started taking SWA for luggage and check in! They did a nice job fixing up the area and it looks so much better for airline check in.

I might suggest that you give them a little bit of extra time when checking you in. It seemed like the computers were very slow on the day and it took a long time for the boarding passes to print out.

Good Luck and have fun!

I just got back from OKW last week and can tell you they just started taking SWA for luggage and check in! They did a nice job fixing up the area and it looks so much better for airline check in.

I might suggest that you give them a little bit of extra time when checking you in. It seemed like the computers were very slow on the day and it took a long time for the boarding passes to print out.

Good Luck and have fun!

:)Thanks! Looking forward to checking things out.

I realize that OKW just did a refurbishment of the luggage check area and now checks in SWA luggage. But do any of the other WDW DVC resorts do SWA luggage check in?

I realize that OKW just did a refurbishment of the luggage check area and now checks in SWA luggage. But do any of the other WDW DVC resorts do SWA luggage check in?

According to the flyer that was included with our May check-in at BCVs, the following resorts offer SWA RAC:

Animal Kingdom - Jambo House/Kidani Village
All Star Movies
All Star Music
All Star Sports
Beach Club
Boardwalk
Contemporary
Coronado Springs
Ft. Wilderness
Grand Floridian
Polynesian
Pop Century
Port Orleans-FQ & Riverside
Saratoga Springs
Wilderness Lodge
Yacht Club

OKW was added within the past few weeks. It appears that the only one not included is Carribean Beach Resort.

According to the flyer that was included with our May check-in at BCVs, the following resorts offer SWA RAC:

Animal Kingdom - Jambo House/Kidani Village
All Star Movies
All Star Music
All Star Sports
Beach Club
Boardwalk
Contemporary
Coronado Springs
Ft. Wilderness
Grand Floridian
Polynesian
Pop Century
Port Orleans-FQ & Riverside
Saratoga Springs
Wilderness Lodge
Yacht Club

OKW was added within the past few weeks. It appears that the only one not included is Carribean Beach Resort.

Wow, you'd think it'd be easier for Disney to list the resorts that do not offer SWA RAC. Thanks for the information. I'll let my DSIL know for her trip that starts on Thursday at AKV-Kidani.

I was making my ME rsvps today for okw and asked DVD ms this very question today 8/4. They are hooked up and running, she called okw to confirm. Now I really can't wait for my trip this year!

I just booked tickets for 12/4:cool1: I am hoping that I will be able to do RAC at that point? I assumed that since the Hospitality House renovations would be completed they should be able to handle SWA?

I am getting pretty excited about this trip now that I have my tickets!

Just a side note... SWA has started doing an "early bird check-in" which is $10 each way. Below is the information from the website. It says it doesn't guarentee you an A boarding position, but so far, that's all I've received since I started using it! It's been very convenient, I use it when I travel and sometimes it's difficult to get the boarding pass printed. Last year at WDW I went crazy trying to get it done so I wasn't stuck riding on the wing...Just love this feature!

BETTER BOARDING POSITION
We'll automatically check you in and assign your boarding position within 36 hours of your flight's departure - that's 12 hours before general boarding positions become available. While EarlyBird Check-In doesn't guarantee an A boarding position, it improves your seat selection options to help you get your favorite seat.

Anyway, thought I'd just pass it on.

Just a side note... SWA has started doing an "early bird check-in" which is $10 each way. Below is the information from the website. It says it doesn't guarentee you an A boarding position, but so far, that's all I've received since I started using it! It's been very convenient, I use it when I travel and sometimes it's difficult to get the boarding pass printed. Last year at WDW I went crazy trying to get it done so I wasn't stuck riding on the wing...Just love this feature!

BETTER BOARDING POSITION
We'll automatically check you in and assign your boarding position within 36 hours of your flight's departure - that's 12 hours before general boarding positions become available. While EarlyBird Check-In doesn't guarantee an A boarding position, it improves your seat selection options to help you get your favorite seat.

Anyway, thought I'd just pass it on.

We are flying SWA out of BWI on Thurs. and I did early bird check-in but I was wondering about the boarding pass. Can you tell me if we will need them? Thought this was a little confusing. We are leaving tomorrow mid-afternoon and staying near the airport and if I have to print the boarding pass I should do it before we leave. If I don't need the printed boarding pass do I just show them the printout I received with confirmation that I paid for early bird check-in? What about going through security, don't you have to show your boarding pass? Any info you can give me is appreciated!:)

You do not need to print out your boarding passes. Any skycap or agent will redo them for you! I do always "check-in" on line to see what my EB section is to just my self excited about "where" my extra 40.00 got me!!. I am using EB for my return flight in Dec and have no intention of printing anything out!

We are flying SWA out of BWI on Thurs. and I did early bird check-in but I was wondering about the boarding pass. Can you tell me if we will need them? Thought this was a little confusing. We are leaving tomorrow mid-afternoon and staying near the airport and if I have to print the boarding pass I should do it before we leave. If I don't need the printed boarding pass do I just show them the printout I received with confirmation that I paid for early bird check-in? What about going through security, don't you have to show your boarding pass? Any info you can give me is appreciated!:)

Yes, you still need a boarding pass in your hand. You can either print it at home or at the airport when you arrive.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter