• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

OKW or SSR for direct Blue Card benefits?

jswoodard

Mouseketeer
We have 220 resale SSR points and are planning to buy 100 direct for Blue Card benefits. We’re trying to decide between buying OKW or SSR. The price is the same. OKW maintenance fees are a little higher but the contract is a few years longer. Any thoughts on the pros or cons of each?

Thanks for the feedback! I so appreciate this group!

Maintenance fees are the plus for SSR

For OKW the points required are lower and you can book GVs at before 7 months, as wall as HH studios and of course 3 more years

We have 220 resale SSR points and are planning to buy 100 direct for Blue Card benefits. We’re trying to decide between buying OKW or SSR. The price is the same. OKW maintenance fees are a little higher but the contract is a few years longer. Any thoughts on the pros or cons of each?

Thanks for the feedback! I so appreciate this group!
If you already have SSR points I'd buy at SSR so that if you want to you can use them all at 11 months to make one big reservation.

If you already have SSR points I'd buy at SSR so that if you want to you can use them all at 11 months to make one big reservation.
Although, you could bank/borrow points if you needed for one big reservation at SSR. If there is a room type or anything else at OKW that you like and would want at 11 month window, I would go for that one. So I think you just have to think about how you would use each scenario.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter