OKW or SSR 2 Bedroom

tracyl921

Mouseketeer
I've not stayed at either resort as we are new DVC members. It's a few more pts for SSR, but then again, everything is new, right? We're a family of 4 and are bringing 2 friends. The kids are ages 6 and 9, if that make a difference. So what do you guys think? :confused3

OKW units are more spacious and decorated in Key West colors, while SSR has more upscale furnishings and is newer. If either of those things matter to you, it could help make your decision. We find the transportation from OKW to be significantly better than from SSR, but time of year could play a part in that. Either place will be nice. As far as pools go for the kids, both have nice main pools, but I like the slide better at OKW, and the quiet pools/hot tubs/ playgrounds at OKW are a bit more secluded than at SSR.

tracyl921 said:
I've not stayed at either resort as we are new DVC members. It's a few more pts for SSR, but then again, everything is new, right? We're a family of 4 and are bringing 2 friends. The kids are ages 6 and 9, if that make a difference. So what do you guys think? :confused3

I just noticed that you are a South Joisey person, as are we.......Sicklerville! Welcome Home! We, to are new DVCers, and have planned our 1st trip home for this Dec at SSR. We have 2, 2bdrm villas booked. From reading these boards the consensus is that OKW have bigger rooms than any other resort. But SSR is newer, and we like the closeness to DTD. Good luck! Bob :earsboy: and Debbie :earsgirl:

With four kids you may want to go to OKW. Just more room. Pools at both places are great. Our kids are not happy with the new slide at OKW, but love the SSR slide. OKW pool is bigger I think.

I wanted to stay at SSR in March but DH was not impressed with the buses when we swam and visited. NOt sure why. I don't remember anything negative.

Lots of rompin' room in the villas at OKW, and you'll know you're in Florida, with the decor and landscaping and all that good stuff. There's a bit more excitement and hubbub at SSR because of the proximity of DD. We didn't find bus service to be an issue ... that seems to be totally a luck of the draw thing.

But in both resorts, location is a big deal, if you plan on spending any time at the main pool.

With younger kids and guests, my money's on OKW.

We like the way the toilet is behind a separate door from the shower area at SSR. It allows for a little more privacy when different family members are getting ready in the morning.

Will someone be sleeping on the sofa bed? If so, I would lean towards OKW. The living area there is roomier - you could still get around & use the kitchen table without folding up the bed. At SSR it is much tighter. We prefer the decor at SSR, so it just depends on what your preferences are. We had a car for our last several trips, but our last visit without a car was to OKW - after that trip we swore no more busses for us!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter