OKW or Sarasota Springs?...

DisneyBound225

Earning My Ears
WE have been to OKW four times and we really love the peaceful feel. We have not yet been to SS but want to know my your comments which one you liked better if you have been to both. Any feedback would be so great. Thanks,

Crystal & Matt:banana:

Stayed at both OKW and SS last year. I personally liked OKW better. Bigger rooms/deck. However, there is NOTHING wrong with SS. Very peaceful and quiet. My kids loved the SS pool. I hear they now put up a large screen at night and play Disney movies. You will not go wrong at either place. Have fun!!

We stayed at OKW many times, and at Saratoga Springs for the first time in January. (by the way, I recommend Saratoga Springs over Sarasota Springs for Disney, haha)

OKW has huge comfortable rooms. But the layout is a little awkward for walking to pools and the main area.

SS has more modern facilities - the counter food is great, and the main pool has a zero entry and a great kids splash area. (not sure what OKW pool is like since renovation). Better walking paths and easier to walk to main area from the buildings.

Both OKW and SS have two building clusters located close to the main area. SS has the advantage of a walking path to Downtown Disney.

Community Hall at SS is spacious and great for a break for kids or a rainy day.

We stayed at both and enjoyed both for many of the reasons listed; but one I didn't see is SSR is a short walk to downtown Disney (which is usually quicker than the boats). You could get a room with a nice view of DTD.

OKW has a walking path to DD as well, I know a lot of people here saw it on my site (I have walking at the BW, OKW, and SS/DD, WL/FW in photos). It took me about 20 minutes to walk from the Hospitality House at OKW to the back parking lot of the West Side. The path is shut down after dark, though.

There are many villas at OKW that are much closer to DD, and some that would be farther as well.

There are two paths from SS to DD that I know of now. One goes out towards the West Side/OKW, the other towards the Marketplace.

OKW does have the larger 1 and 2 BR villas, which is a big plus for me when recommending the resort.

First, both are great. I have stayed at both and enjoyed both of them. OKW is my favorite resort of all the DVCs. Spacious rooms, Olivia's and much more.

I think it is my favorite as it is not "in your face" disney after a long day, the big rooms, big balconies, etc. Very relaxing feel it to it that I don't get at the other resorts. Also, and I think this is the bigger reason, when I'm at OKW I FEEL like i'm in Florida.

First, both are great. I have stayed at both and enjoyed both of them. OKW is my favorite resort of all the DVCs. Spacious rooms, Olivia's and much more.

I think that Olivias is a very nice, underrated restaurant - when I had breakfast there a couple of weeks ago, I was one of the only ones doing so (the food was great).

we've stayed at both and enjoyed both...but i would say that we preferred OKW. the room size is a HUGE plus. and a lot of people complain about the size and layout of the resort itself - but i think it's one of the pros for OKW. there's more of a peaceful, quiet, "homey" feeling at OKW than any of the other DVCs.

and the great view that we had from our balcony of the golf course and lake didn't hurt either!

We have stayed at both, and much prefer OKW, but then it is our "home". SSR (Saratoga, not Sarasota) is nice and new, quiet, HUGE and has nice amenities, but we much prefer the less formal, more laid back atmosphere at OKW, and LOVE the "vacation home" feel there that is just more private feeling. We also love the larger rooms at OKW, and the much better kitchen/living room area and large balcony. Views are lots better at OKW too unless you happen to get a DTD view at SSR. Just more good views at OKW. SSR has more upscale feeling furnishings, but it feels "stuffy" to me. YOu may feel otherwise.

BTW, you can walk to DTD from BOTH resorts, and OKW will not necessarily be a longer walk that SSR depending on where in each resort you are staying.

Olivia's is a great place for a casual meal, but SSR's Turf club has good food too. Again, it seems more formal than Olivia's.

We love both, we stay at both, and each has its own charms. We like the room size at OKW, but prefer the decor at SSR. We like the pool at SSR better, but we think the bus service at OKW is better. We love Artist's Palette and miss it tremendously when staying at OKW. We love the quicker access to DD from SSR, but do enjoy the leisurely walk from OKW as well. Both feel similar because they are slower paced than the other DVC resorts. OKW feels like a neighborhood, SSR feels like a small village. Both resorts have very friendly cm's.

....and I thought I was the only one who calls it Sarasota Springs!
thanks!!
John

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter