OKW Lovers Thread. Part 2

Thanks! Can you get refillable cups?

But filling locations are limited with the resort being so large. It's probably easier to just fill up your refrigerator with your favorite beverages rather than use the refillable mug. Unless you are spending a lot of time at the main pool.

But filling locations are limited with the resort being so large. It's probably easier to just fill up your refrigerator with your favorite beverages rather than use the refillable mug. Unless you are spending a lot of time at the main pool.

Thanks!

I have a studio and a 1 bd booked. What are the chances of getting these close together or even connecting?

I have a studio and a 1 bd booked. What are the chances of getting these close together or even connecting?

Well, if you absolutely wanted them connecting, it would've been better to have booked a 2 bedroom lock-off. It takes fewer points than booking the 1 bdrm and studio separately and would be connecting. But it would be a single reservation, and all the magic bands would open both exterior door, as it would be considered one unit.

That said, I've always had very good luck getting units that were pretty conveniently located for being near each other. Usually they are in the same building, but may be on different floors. One it was in the building next door and once I did get two studios right next to each other, which is rare, as those are only in the "U" shaped buildings. It just depends upon what is available on your check-in day.

Thanks! The reason I have it like this is that I got the 1 bd free and bought points for the studio. We have 6 going so needed the extra. 2 adults and 4 kids. One CM said to request it since it can be done since some of the 2 bds can be used as a studio and a 1bd. Then another said she didn't think so but call a week before we go and request it. I ask the ? here since the dis seems to know more than most of the CM's. Guess I will find out in July!

Thanks! The reason I have it like this is that I got the 1 bd free and bought points for the studio. We have 6 going so needed the extra. 2 adults and 4 kids. One CM said to request it since it can be done since some of the 2 bds can be used as a studio and a 1bd. Then another said she didn't think so but call a week before we go and request it. I ask the ? here since the dis seems to know more than most of the CM's. Guess I will find out in July!

You need to call Member Services (should be on your RCI reservation) to add the request to your reservation. You can't call the resort directly to make requests. Call MS as soon as you can to add the request. You'll need both reservation numbers and add "traveling with" to both reservations. Tell them you have four minors on the reservation.

And if you don't get them connected, the two adults will be split up for the stay.

You need to call Member Services (should be on your RCI reservation) to add the request to your reservation. You can't call the resort directly to make requests. Call MS as soon as you can to add the request. You'll need both reservation numbers and add "traveling with" to both reservations. Tell them you have four minors on the reservation.

And if you don't get them connected, the two adults will be split up for the stay.

I have alerted MS already. Both rooms are listed together now but with 2 different reservation #'s. They have made a note of the situation, they said. I am to alert them again about 10 days before arrival. Hopefully pixie dust will be working for me. Thanks so much for your help.

arriving to OKW on Friday...does anyone know if Goods To Go is still under construction?

Is there a link somewhere that shows the layout of the rooms? Studio specially? I didn't want to dig through all the pages! Thanks!

Here is the layout of an OKW studio:

okw-5-studio-vacation-home.jpg

We just booked our first trip to OKW for August. My DSis and family are staying at POFQ. Does anyone know if the boats to DTD are shared between the resorts, or are they dedicated? I'm wondering if we might be able to ride from OKW to POFQ by boat.

Looking forward to our trip.

ETA: Nevermind, I can see from Google Earth that there are separate boat routes. It does look like there is a small service road connecting the two resorts. It doesn't look too guest friendly though.

We just booked our first trip to OKW for August. My DSis and family are staying at POFQ. Does anyone know if the boats to DTD are shared between the resorts, or are they dedicated? I'm wondering if we might be able to ride from OKW to POFQ by boat.

there are definitely separate boats from OKW to DTD and POFQ to DTD. but you can meet up at DTD, if that works for you.

yeah, i wouldn't try to walk from OKW to POFQ.

there are definitely separate boats from OKW to DTD and POFQ to DTD. but you can meet up at DTD, if that works for you.

yeah, i wouldn't try to walk from OKW to POFQ.

Thanks, we will have a car but they won't. We are not planning to spend to much time together as our touring styles are completely different. She will have a large group with her too, as her inlaws will be with her. I just wondered since the resorts are next to each other if there was an easy way to get from one to the other so that she and I could spend a little time together. Maybe DTD is the answer.

...ETA: Nevermind, I can see from Google Earth that there are separate boat routes. It does look like there is a small service road connecting the two resorts. It doesn't look too guest friendly though.

That road is a construction road and considered a backstage area. So no guests are permitted there.

We are looking to book a 1 week stay in a 1BR for March '15. How easy is it to get that at the 7 month mark? We currently own at BLT but would like to stay somewhere a little bit more quiet and relaxed this time! Thanks!!

We are looking to book a 1 week stay in a 1BR for March '15. How easy is it to get that at the 7 month mark? We currently own at BLT but would like to stay somewhere a little bit more quiet and relaxed this time! Thanks!!
You should probably be able to get OKW at seven months out.

I will most likely get to OKW before check in. I was planning on stopping by the grocery store on my way in to pickup some snacks and drinks. If our room is not ready, will they hold our groceries with our luggage?

Any suggestions on a good grocery store to stop at coming from MCO? I went to the Super Walmart on our last trip and it was crazy. I thought about maybe stopping at Costco on the way. The other thought was to check in first and then head up to Winn Dixie or Publix.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter