OKW Lovers Thread. Part 2

Hello :flower3:
We will be having a garden grocer order delivered on our check in day but on the off chance we wont be in the room(going to DTD)is there anywhere for OKW to store our frozen items?.TIA.x.

Edited to ask another question....
Does the store sell Haagen Dazs,if yes is it a snack credit(it was back in 2013 at AKL)and have you noticed if they sell the pineapple and coconut flavour?.Thanks again.x.

Bell services will store your order. Cold items are refrigerated. You can either pick up your order or have bell services deliver it.

Bell services will store your order. Cold items are refrigerated. You can either pick up your order or have bell services deliver it.
Thank you,but what about frozen items?,do they have a freezer?.Was hoping to order ice cream along with frozen pancakes and waffles.x.

Booked my first stay at OKW for Dec 2015. We're a group of 6 adults and 1 teenager, who have all been to WDW a few times. This time,we wanted a room where we could all hang out together at the end of the day, and OKW seemed like a perfect fit. We have rented DVC points for two rooms: a two-bedroom villa and a Studio (it will be my sister's boyfriend's first family vacation with us...we thought he might need a Studio to escape to now and then!) Apparently our room request is in the "Near the HH" category, but I want to make sure we have a dual entrance bathroom in the Villa. Will I need to make a special request for that? Or do most of the 2-bedroom villas have that? Thanks for any advice !

Booked my first stay at OKW for Dec 2015. We're a group of 6 adults and 1 teenager, who have all been to WDW a few times. This time,we wanted a room where we could all hang out together at the end of the day, and OKW seemed like a perfect fit. We have rented DVC points for two rooms: a two-bedroom villa and a Studio (it will be my sister's boyfriend's first family vacation with us...we thought he might need a Studio to escape to now and then!) Apparently our room request is in the "Near the HH" category, but I want to make sure we have a dual entrance bathroom in the Villa. Will I need to make a special request for that? Or do most of the 2-bedroom villas have that? Thanks for any advice !

I do believe that they all have the dual entrance through the laundry room. we did the same thing over last summer when we went with friends: 2 bedroom and a studio. Ended up in the same building 1 floor down. Worked out great! Have fun.

Cheryl

I believe that only buildings above 30 have the dual entrance to the bathroom. Near HH category is building 11-14 and 23-26. If I am correct, you will have to decide which is more important to you.

We were in a GV in 15, too. Loved the view of the golfers. We were just in 45 in March and got a lot of bus noise from the three way stop just a few yards away. But the canal view was nice.

Me again,i know this is a silly question but can anyone tell me how many pancakes you get with the Buttermilk Pancakes+Eggs option?,how many waffles with the waffle+eggs option(are they mini mickey waffles,or like a large round waffle?),and with the childrens mickey waffle breakfast option,how many waffles do you get+how many sausages would you get if you chose that option?.TIA for answering my silly questions :o .x.

Last edited:
Our OKW contract passed ROFR and we are now happy OKW owners. :cool1:
We have stayed at OKW many times and love it. Can't wait for my next trip in August.
I need to update my home resort pictures. :goodvibes

Our OKW contract passed ROFR and we are now happy OKW owners. :cool1:
We have stayed at OKW many times and love it. Can't wait for my next trip in August.
I need to update my home resort pictures. :goodvibes
love OKW....welcome home!!!

I am preparing to call in our room request on a cash reservation for our week long stay in a 2 BR Villa at OKW. I have previously placed fax requests in at previous resorts in which I was fairly specific about buildings/levels/views and every time we've received pretty much what we requested. My question is, when calling how specific and how many options should I give the cast member to note on our reservation. The following is the order of our desired buildings:

Choice 1 - Building 27
Choice 2 - Building 62
Choice 3 - Building 28
Choice 4 - Building 63
Choice 5 - Building 64
Choice 6 -Building 29

We know building 62-64 are the only ones with elevators and go to those with mobility needs. We will have a good time no matter what but the above locations would be ideal for us and I would love to find a way to give us the highest chance of getting into one of these buildings.

I appreciate any input!

I am preparing to call in our room request on a cash reservation for our week long stay in a 2 BR Villa at OKW. I have previously placed fax requests in at previous resorts in which I was fairly specific about buildings/levels/views and every time we've received pretty much what we requested. My question is, when calling how specific and how many options should I give the cast member to note on our reservation. The following is the order of our desired buildings:

Choice 1 - Building 27
Choice 2 - Building 62
Choice 3 - Building 28
Choice 4 - Building 63
Choice 5 - Building 64
Choice 6 -Building 29

We know building 62-64 are the only ones with elevators and go to those with mobility needs. We will have a good time no matter what but the above locations would be ideal for us and I would love to find a way to give us the highest chance of getting into one of these buildings.

I appreciate any input!
Your requests are very specific, but they don't tell the room assigner what you're looking for. For example, close to the main pool, close to a bus stop, Miller's Road area, etc. If none of your requested buildings is available the assigner won't know why you are asking for those specific buildings. I would be much more generic with the request.

Your requests are very specific, but they don't tell the room assigner what you're looking for. For example, close to the main pool, close to a bus stop, Miller's Road area, etc. If none of your requested buildings is available the assigner won't know why you are asking for those specific buildings. I would be much more generic with the request.

Thank you for the feedback and what you said makes sense. I am just struggling a bit with what exactly to tell the CM when I call. This is why I liked faxing in the past (at our non-DVC resort stays) because I could provide explain why we wanted our specific choices. My concern over the phone is the the CM adding the note to our reservation won't provide the detail that I normally would. I'm essentially wanting to be near the HH, but we don't have that as an option as we are staying on a cash reservation. We will be relying on Disney transportation and I've read that building 27 is ideal as you can board the bus at the stop next to building 26 or a short walk to the HH stop and get off at which one of the stops is first to return to our building and not have to ride around the entire resort.

For your request, add Peninsular Road (that covers 27, 28 and 29) or elevator building (that covers 62, 63 and 64). They will only take two requests. Miller's Road would also be a good request. That would include 15-22. Miller's Road is close to the HH for the most part. BUT, you can catch any bus at the resort and get off at the HH. Then to get back to your villa, either walk over to the Peninsular Road bus stop and hop any bus OR hop the Internal/DTD bus that stops first at HH, then Miller's Road, then Peninsular Road, then Southpoint, then Turtle Pond and then HH again before leaving the resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter