OKW Lovers Thread. Part 2

I haven't read the entire thread, do we know if the construction will still be going in june?
TIA
Jim

I haven't read the entire thread, do we know if the construction will still be going in june?
TIA
Jim

Probably not. If you don't want to see any of it request the Miller's road area (unless this is some kind of maintenance they need to perform this year on all the villas and they just happened to start with Peninsular road).

All the washers and dryers at OKW are free to guests staying at the resort. They look like regular coin operated machines, but they do not require coins. Just push the coin mechanism in and the machine will start.

We stayed near HH last April. The Washer and Dryers seemed to always be in use. We usually ended up doing our laundry late at night.

At OKW now and just did laundry at Turtle Pond pool last night. No problems. Also areas closed for refurbishments are quiet. The only thing you notice is big green fence around the areas affected.

I have been reading this for a week now...but...where is the rest of this thread from 2014 to present?

I have been reading this for a week now...but...where is the rest of this thread from 2014 to present?

The pages are all here. If you click on page 63, older pages will start to show on the page count, just keep clicking down to the page you want to see.

Just did online check in! Asked for Peninsular Road and Near Transportation. Hoping that gets me in the 23-27 buildings. Arrival is a week from tomorrow!! :jumping1:

We are checking into a 2 BR villa just two weeks from today for a short, three night stay. I was able to the get the passholder discount and couldn't pass up the savings, especially since there will be seven people on this trip. I am very excited about staying at this resort. I always wanted to see what it was like.

This is a cash reservation, which I know has a little bit different set of rules. My question is about coffee. Will I need to bring my own coffee and filters, or will it be supplied? We are planning to eat breakfast in the villa every morning. Thanks.

We are checking into a 2 BR villa just two weeks from today for a short, three night stay. I was able to the get the passholder discount and couldn't pass up the savings, especially since there will be seven people on this trip. I am very excited about staying at this resort. I always wanted to see what it was like.

This is a cash reservation, which I know has a little bit different set of rules. My question is about coffee. Will I need to bring my own coffee and filters, or will it be supplied? We are planning to eat breakfast in the villa every morning. Thanks.
There are coffee and filters, but I doubt enough for 7 people for 3 days. There are usually 2 small bags, enough I would guess for 2 pots. And I believe 2 filters. Now, since it's OKW, the 2nd bedroom will be a 1 BR studio with a kitchenette, also with 2 bags of coffee. Still not enough is my guess.

There are coffee and filters, but I doubt enough for 7 people for 3 days. There are usually 2 small bags, enough I would guess for 2 pots. And I believe 2 filters. Now, since it's OKW, the 2nd bedroom will be a 1 BR studio with a kitchenette, also with 2 bags of coffee. Still not enough is my guess.
Thanks for the information. I was planning to bring coffee and filters from home, but it is nice to know that there will be some there if I run out. :)

with a cash reservation, you should get daily mousekeeping, and they should replenish the coffee, but if you have a favorite blend, I would certainly bring my own.

We check in next Thursday and can't wait to check out the resort. Do they take you to your room when you check in or do you have to take the internal bus or walk to it?

We check in next Thursday and can't wait to check out the resort. Do they take you to your room when you check in or do you have to take the internal bus or walk to it?

Are you bringing a car? If so, I would just drive to the unit. The parking at OKW is very close to the units.

Last fall, we took our first trip to OKW without a car. Yes, they brought us in a little golf cart to the room, and since it was on the third floor we were glad that they helped carry our luggage to the villa.

Just booked a split stay for August and we will be back at OKW for the first part of our adventure. We stayed here a few years ago when we rented points and really like the look and feel of the resort. This will be our second stay using our own points. :goodvibes

Great job on the thread! :)

They can take you to your room on a golf cart type device.

Are you bringing a car? If so, I would just drive to the unit. The parking at OKW is very close to the units.

Last fall, we took our first trip to OKW without a car. Yes, they brought us in a little golf cart to the room, and since it was on the third floor we were glad that they helped carry our luggage to the villa.

We are coming in on the Magical Express and will have to depend on Disney transportation. Thanks for the information about the golf carts. That is what I was hoping for. :)

Is it correct that there are no HA Dedicated 2BR's at OKW? When I look at the booking tool it says you have to select a different type and only shows 2BR lockoffs. That isn't that big of a deal since it would still have 2 Queens in the second bedroom but I was just a little surprised.

If that is correct does anyone know if they've grouped it so that both the studio side and the 1BR side would be HA?

Is it correct that there are no HA Dedicated 2BR's at OKW? When I look at the booking tool it says you have to select a different type and only shows 2BR lockoffs. That isn't that big of a deal since it would still have 2 Queens in the second bedroom but I was just a little surprised.

If that is correct does anyone know if they've grouped it so that both the studio side and the 1BR side would be HA?

As far as I know, yes, Every time we were placed in a HA studio the adjoining one bedroom was also HA. Though I never realized there were no dedicated 2 bedroom HA units. But, depending on your party, they may like having the kitchenette area in the studio portion. It they're earlybirds and the one bedroom side is not, at least they can have coffee and a quick breakfast without disturbing the rest of the group. :)

As far as I know, yes, Every time we were placed in a HA studio the adjoining one bedroom was also HA. Though I never realized there were no dedicated 2 bedroom HA units. But, depending on your party, they may like having the kitchenette area in the studio portion. It they're earlybirds and the one bedroom side is not, at least they can have coffee and a quick breakfast without disturbing the rest of the group. :)

Thanks Chuck. Still quite surprised about non HA dedicated 2BR's and that they tie up both studio and 1BR HA's for a 2BR but recognize that OKW was built during different times and rules. I did a search on the disabilities board for mentions of staying at OKW and everyone I found about a 2BR at OKW it was a lock-off so it seemed to confirm the online tool. What is kind of nice is that it's our visitors that need the HA so in most resorts we'd be sharing the master bath - not a big deal but it's nicer for everyone to have their own space.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter