OKW location question

MermaidsMom

<font color=red>Do you live trap squirrels with cr
We stayed at the OKW resort way back when it first opened as the "Disney Vacation Club". It was our first visit to WDW and we loved it! We stayed in a first floor 2 bedroom that had a quiet pool RIGHT in the back off our patio. Does anyone know where that might be in the resort? I went to Intercot and looked at a map of OKW, but it does not show where the quiet pools are. We were also near a bus stop, but I can't remember where we were in relationship to the check in area. It was so nice to be able to walk out to the pool that we never even went to the main pool- it was a hike from where we were too.
I think the outside was a very light green, although I am sure that has changed by now! Also, we parked RIGHT outside our door.

Almost all the buildings have parking right outside, so that will not help. Check this map:

http://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/okwmap.jpg

Quiet pools are located near buildings 19, 41 & 56. With a bus stop also close, sounds like 19 or 56. If it was right after it opened, it was probably 19. 56 was built later.

If it was truly "back when it first opened" you were most likely in the building 18-20 area on Miller Road. The pool is bewteen 19 and 20 and the bus stop is across from the pool area.

The Turtle Pond and South Point areas did not open until later and were under construction during the first couple of years. I think South Point opened in late 1994 and Turtle Pond opened around mid 1993. If you stayed at OKW prior to that time, the Miller Road location was the only quiet pool available.

Enjoy!

I agree that it sounds like Miller's Road.

Not laughing at you but your description reminded me of the young teen boys who knew which bus stop to get off --- they said it was the one with the fans! (They all have fans at OKW). ;)

LOL Pam!!

Turtle Pond Pool area is actually my favorite. Kind of in between the quiet pool atmosphere and the main pool atmosphere. Plus, it is convenient having the snack bar for lunch and tropical beverages, lol. :)

Thanks everyone!! LOL Pam, you're right! That's what my description sounded like. Did I forget to mention there were pink flowers planted outside? Just kidding!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter